Thread: Does your baby cry a lot too?

Lee-Ann Guest

Default Does your baby cry a lot too?

Some people recently commented that Regan cries a lot. Even though I have even thought to myself that she does cry/whinge a lot I just believe it's her personality, she lets me know exactly what she wants and the only way to do that is to let out a cry (it's not a proper cry either). Don't all babies do this? So apart from obvious reasons such as hungry & nappy change, she'll whinge/cry when she's uncomfortable and wants me to change positions for her, or if she wants me to move around etc or if she's tired or just wants to have a suckle. Is this classified as excessive crying? It's not like she's crying non-stop and screaming her lungs out, far from it. I just wonder why people comment on it?

Hi Lee-Ann

Your baby sounds normal to me.

Lee-Ann I dont think you have anything to worry about at all. Unfortunately many people like to tell us what they think we should be doing with our bubs and how they think our bubs should be behaving/sleeping/feeding by a certain age etc. It can be really frustrating, but just try to let it go (coming from someone who has a really hard time 'just letting it go'. If there was something wrong I'm sure you would pick up on it before them. Some babies just cry more than others.

Pietta Guest

I totally agree with everything everyone has said- babies only have one way to communicate and i imagine this is quite frustrating!!

People love to give their 2c (i know i am guilty of doing this too!) but generally will have good intentions. Ryley cried alot too when he was a little guy.

Take care

If you're not worried about it then stuff what other people say!! It's great that you can tell Regan's cries apart and know what she needs. You know her better than anyone else does, so who cares what they say. ALL babies cry! I'd be more worried if she WASN"T communicating with you!