Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your child have a comfort toy?

Default Does your child have a comfort toy?

My nearly 2 yo DS has a Panda Bear "Suzie" that he just wants to carry around everywhere! To the point that we have tears when I make Suzie sit on the chair while he has dinner. He has a few books that have pictures of Panda's in them, and if he sees the Panda in the book, he says "DEE" (thats how he pronounces Suzie) and runs off to his room to find her!
    He LOVES her to bits. Suzie is a well traveled Panda. We did a 5 week trip of the UK and Suzie came with us.

for my 3&1/2 year old DD its anything that has 'cuddle snuggle' value - it used to be her cot blanket......she could only fall asleep if she was rubbing it on her nose. We've been through a few toys now - currently its a duck, called, wait for it, 'ducky' - lol. But when it loses its snuggle soft value it too shall be replaced......like poor rabbit, 'Harrods' the teddy and zebra.....lol

both my younger sons Isaac & Jacob have night nights.. little cot sized doonas. Isaac also has a bear he was given when he went to hospital when he split his chin open and h calls him Brave bear and Jacob has a little blue bear which was given to us when he was born and he calls him Blue bear or BLue Blue

We used to have them carted all over the house ALL the time but lately both boys leave the bears in the bedroom till after bathtime and the night nights are generally only used at bed time and when they are watching tv..

We have placed rules.. They are not allowed to leave the house unless they are sick or we are going away over night..

My 2 1/2 yo DD was attached to her pink single bed sized blanket between 1 and 2 years but she has recently not been so dependant on it and chaged to a soft teddy that she wants to sleep with.

She does still sleep with her blanket though, only I can reason with her now if for some reason its not there, I couldnt do that before.

Yep Chelsea has a soft body/hard faced pink doll named Isabella. She cant go to bed without it...and if we cant find her then we stay up all night until she is found. Heaven forbid if she gets dirty or vomitted on...its a night mare...!

Joshua had a blue teddy bear given to him the day after he was born. It was ALWAYS with him.. and oh yes when he vomited on it one day I had to sneak him into the washing machine without him noticing!!

Oskar has always had a flat cloth nappy. It started because I always had one with me for BF and chucks etc and he likes to hold it and chews the corner of it..lol. I actually think he uses it a bit for teething. The good thing about it though is that I can wash them as needed cos we have 30 of them...haha.

Tiger-Nelson has a soft fluffy puppy,he is turning 2 next week and he takes his puppy everywhere too,he loves dogs and had a collection of soft toy dogs but always goes back to the same one to sleep with,rather cute.

Both my childre have teddies that my nana gave them just days before she passed away.

Emma's is called Rose and she goes to all sleepovers with her and is always in bed at night.
    Hamish has Mr Cuddles, who sleeps with him every night and gives him special cuddles when he feels sick.

Autumn was given a little blankie with an elephant's head in the middle (are they called dou-dous?) at birth which I strongly encouraged her to love. My mum bought a second one, very similar, for washing day but they have both ended up in her bed together. They are both called Johnson - I don't think she's confused...

Charlie cuddles a wrap, he always has it for sleeps & often waddles around the house holding it, or cuddling it...or lately chewing on it. We had lots of trouble with his sleeping in the first few months so we'd sit watching telly with a wrap covering his face whilst we rocked him to sleep - I'm guessing that's where the love of the "cuddles" as we call it came from.

Anything that is soft and cuddly. We have a few toys that we rotate. For some reason we seem to be breeding Giraffes here though, so she has a few of those. Otherwise, its a soft cuddly doll, bear, frog.. whatever is cuddle-able at the time. she isnt too fussy.

Caden has his doggie. As soon as I give it to him he closes his eyes and sticks his thumb in his mouth and goes to sleep (most of the time). I have actually just ordered a few more online so I can rotate them.

Zander has two - Ted & Periwinkle. Ted is a little blue My First Christmas bear that he been dragged everywhere with us. When we went to Dreamworld in January we bought him a Perwinkle (the cat from Blues Clues) and it has taken over as the favourite, he has gone everywhere with us since.

Yep, my 2 year old has tweety bird. Its my 4th child LOL. Its the dirtiest, scruffiest, ugliest thing youve seen - but she wont let me wash it. She sleeps with it, eats with it, does everything with it.

We lost it last week at babies galore. My DH had to drive back there at night and pick it up from the owners.....she had tucked the tweety in one of their display cots and forgot about it........!!!!

I think its cute she has a comfort toy.........

Oh yes, my DD has her 'blankie" which is a blankie, lol. she will not sleep without it. She has a similiar one that gets left at a friends house (we're over there a fair bit) if it's not there she will not sleep. She actually sucks on it and rubs it between her fingers to put herself asleep. It's the fabric. No-one can go near Blankie or she screams. Any ideas on how to get rid of it are welcome:P

Tygie - Cut the blankie......and give her half of it, next week cut it again....until gradually she is left with just a small portion....just a suggestion, i can imagine a blankie would be hard to cart around.......

DS loves Herr Hare - he picked this as a comforter age 1 year when he had to go to nursery. He now needs Herr Hare in a new place, but when comfortable in the new place will drop the bunny and explore happily - usually he just gives it to DH or me when he doesn't want it any more.

I was told recently by an old bat that DS shouldn't have a favourite toy because she lost her granddaughter's favourite toy and had to buy a new one.

sophie has her thumb and the tags on her clothes!! yep wierd!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast