Thread: Doesn't like getting dressed???

~Belinda~ Guest

Default Doesn't like getting dressed???

Does anyone else experience their baby not wanting to dress after their bath? I bath DD at night and she just cries/screams when I put her clothes on and then the minute I pick her up she's fine. She does this also in the morning when I change her out of her pj's into day clothes. She's done it since she was really little. Any suggestions why they do this? Sorry if a stupid question, I'm a first time Mum!!

Not a stupid question! My DS2 HATES getting dressed too. He hates things going over his head and he hates sleeves being put on. I sing to him while I dress him and he usually stops crying!

My DD uses to be the same when she was smaller, some days she was inconsoleable, some days it was ok, but she always had something to say about it! She is better now, though some days she still has a whinge.

I swear our DD's are twins lol.. Mine hates getting her shirt on.. She is ok if I can distract her but most mornings and evenings she cries and carries on.. Oh and if I stand her up and dress her she is ok too lol...

Odd child..

I am with you as well. Little DS HATES, and I mean REALLY HATES getting dressed at any time of the day!! After a bath is the worst!! I always try to put things on him that don't go over his head as that makes him 10 times worse. Whenever looking for cloths I always look for buttons front things LOL!! And there are so many cute outfits out there that would just make him cry like a banshee!! I try to put him on the change table under his mobile to distract him or on the floor near his toy gym and that sometimes works but not always. Let's hope it is something that they just grow out of LOL!!

Nita

Yep, Abbey hates getting dressed too. The whole singlet or top over her head is enough to set her off. I usually have her dummy on stand by to plug her back up with.

Hoping that she grows out of it for you.

Tehya still hates getting dressed and would much prefer to run around the house/yard/street naked.

yep DS hates it too. I sing to him, blow raspberries on his tummy, make funny noises, wind up his musical toy or move the mobile that hangs above his change table. He doesn't mind me changing his pants - it's the sleeves that he hates - so I try to do everything else (nappy, pants, top over the head etc) & do the sleeves last,

Hey Bindy, Gabe is the same hun HATES getting dressed, he hates having anything go over his head and hands. DD was the same and still trys to run away when I get her dressed. The only time Gabe will be okay is when he is not tired, has had a feed and if I make a game out of it - tickling him and playing peekaboo. He totally cracked it tonight after his bath though

Jack is the same...nude is better in a baby's opinion I think! We get a lot of mileage out of the Pat a Cake rhyme and the song Bingo...oh, and making really stupid faces and pretending to eat his tummy.