Thread: Doing a doodie in the bath...

Question Doing a doodie in the bath...

What do you do if your kid does a doodie (poo) in the bath? Do you just scoop it out and continue on with bathtime or quickly whisk the kiddie out and drain the bath. If you take option 2, do you re-fill the bath and go for round 2, or do you stop bathtime then and there?

It happened to us tonight and I just wondered what others do...

Hmmm at his age I'd probably make sure he's clean and pop him out, bath time over. Only cos he's not a baby and I would assume would be knowing the feeling of needing to go?? I don't know, that's just me anyway.

my babies a bit younger, but when ever she does a poo in the bath i take her out, plus all the toys that are ther out, drain and refill the bath, sinse her toys off and go again.. but sometimes that depends on how long she's been in the bath, She loves the bath tho, and ill usually leave her there untill shes had enough.

We start bath time again.
    In our house this is a common occurrence.
    As our older DS has bowel problems and is constantly constipated. A warm bath helps relax the muscles etc and well nature just seems to happen.
    so we drain the bath clean it out and either pop them in the shower to rinse of any floaters :P
    or refill the bath with a little water and continue.
    Sometimes it just happens

well I started by just staring...then nearly vomiting...then hysterical laughter when I realised I had to problem solve and fast.
    DS never did so when DD did it it was my first experence.
    I pulled the plug and then turned the shower on an washed off DD.
    Then realised she has way too many bath toys and threw them all out
    If it hadnt have been an explosive poo I probably would have handled it a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Party-of-five View Post
    If it hadnt have been an explosive poo I probably would have handled it a bit better
    Luckily ours was just a ... (can I say log?? ) so no drama there!

Tan - unfortunately we usually run out of hot water at the end of the day and the bath is usually the end of it. So no second chances It's one tubful and that's it.

I wondered what a doodie was! I was thinking "how do you do a penis in the bath?" Wrong word, obviously.

This happened to DS and his friend in the bath - friend did a huge poo. I would have been proud. Heck, if it were DH he would have taken a photo (yes, we have photos). Just grab the boys out and get the other boy's mother to clear up after her son, then spray cleaner on the bath.

I'm not too worried about it. I mean, so long as it's not a child sitting happily in his own diarrhoea and painting the bath with it, not too much of a problem. But bathtime was certainly over that night!

DD has done it about 5 times in the last couple of weeks! I just take her out, because it crumbles up fairly quickly even though it's solid when it comes out..sorry way TMI Drain the bath, pick out all the bits, rinse the bath and bath mat then run another bath that's only a couple of cm's deep just so she can be rinsed off. She loves bath time too, so hates being taken out suddenly like that. It's so gross though, I wish she'd stop doing it!

This seems to be the in thing at my house aswell at the moment. Miss M has done one the last 3 baths in a row, before that, never! The first time was so disgusting (rather loose, sorry tmi) that I quickly plucked them out of the bath and it mosly went down the drain, other times, both girls out, bathtime over!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

DS1 has done a pop in bath a fair few times it's out bath, bath time over ! When preg with DS2 DH was away overseas and I had DS1 in shower with me, I left him playing in base of shower with small amount of water while I got dressed, turn around to get him out to see him sitting with handfuls of poo and in mouth ewwww! After gagging, LOL I picked him up went to bathroom as we were in ensuite and washed him again then had to go clean mess, not nice bleh!!! Painting yuck

When DD has done it it is usually towards the end of the bath when I am going to get her out anyway. I just get her out. Put the poo in the toilet (usually well... umm formed ) and clean up.

Depends on what part of the bath its happened in. If it has happened toward the beginning I empty the bath, remove and swap the toys over, refill and off we go again (disinfect the other toys later too).

If its towards the end of bath time I'll just get the kids out and clean up afterwards

PITA though!