Thread: dribbling & teething...

Default dribbling & teething...

I'm just wondering if dribbling is a definate sign of teething? I know that babies often dribble heaps when teething, but can they dribble like mad if they arent teething? Emma dribbles SO much! She often has a big dribble wet patch on the front of her clothes A friend told be that it is just them getting ready for solids & I guess that makes sense, they would need more saliva when swallowing food. I really hope it isnt teeth yet - I'm paranoid about B/F a bub with teeth! She has none of the other signs of teething. No temp, no red cheeks, but a bit grumpy (but that could be anything LOL)

Linda,
    Indah has seriously been severly dribbling for atleast 2 months...
    But still no teeth... At first I was wondering if it could be teeth, as she chews her hand whenever my boob is not in her mouth...
    I think it's just some kids dribble & some dont... Maddy was not so wet & dribbly...
    I dont think Indah is at all teething yet.... But she is forever saturated!!

Hey Linda,

My baby has been dribbling like mad since he was about 7 weeks old (he's now almost 11 weeks) - and I don't think he's teething quite yet!!

I read that babies start to dribble alot because they start producing saliva sometime after 8 weeks and they don't know how to swallow it. I've also read that dribbling is most definitely not necessarily a sign of teething - it's just something that may happen around the same time.

Cheers,
    Bertie

Thanks for the replies...

Bertie that's what I was thinking - that it could be teething, but not neccesarily. I guess only time will tell. I hope she learns to swallow it soon LOL

Hey Linda - Robyn Barker author of 'Baby Love' says that dribbling is a developmental thing they all go through. Matty has been dribbling for months now and will still have good and bad days of it. Sometimes he goes through several tops a day because they get so wet and he even got a dribble rash once.

His dribbling never coincides with his teeth popping through - they just come when they come.