Thread: Dry Skin

Default Dry Skin

Any ideas on what is best to use for dry skin ?
    Eleanor has terrible dry skin and last night i used baby lotion and it seemed to make it worse.

Sorbolene?? I use it on Jovie with her overdue baked look & it worked great. I think it depends on what baby lotion you have as well. The Johnson's stuff hasn't worked on either girl but I was given some lovely organic lotions at Jovie's birth and one worked really well and the other didn't.... so I guess it just depends LOL

I've found the Huggies baby lotion for sensitive skin to be really good, works wonderfully & doesn't bother Zander's eczema at all

Johnsons tend to cause eczema flare ups due to the perfumes.

Michelle, can you get hold of E45? I got my SIL to send me some from the UK and it worked a treat on Olivia's over-baked dry skin, and still does. Johnsons baby lotion seemed to make it worse.

Sorbeline is Ok too, but I tend not to use that as it doesn't agree with Charlie's excema, whereas the E45 suits him fine......

It was the Johnsons baby lotion i used last night.

Lucy i think i have some E45.

I used sorbeline on Alex when he was a baby so hopefully i have some of that left as well.

If not I'll have to buy some Huggies baby lotion to try.

Michelle - have you tried bathing her in Hamiltons Bath Oil? It is wonderful stuff and really helps put the moisture back in their skin. Only downside is it makes them a bit slippery!

I don't use the Johnson's products. They are petroleum based and I found they were very bad for Jack's exzema. I swear by the Gaia organic products sold at many pharmacies. They were so good for Jack with his exzcema that I haven't even tried anything else for Thomas. They have a moisturiser and also a skin lotion.

ETA - When Jack's skin was at it's worst I also used alpha-kerry oil in his bath every second night (alternating with the Gaia) and found that was really good too.
    Last edited by MantaRay; February 5th, 2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: add info

Yeh i just use sorbelene on Jesse.. same with his cradle cap and it always works good.

NewmumLou Guest

Alpha Keri bath oil, wash and moisteriser works a treat!