Thread: DS is sleeping thorugh dinner!!!

Default DS is sleeping thorugh dinner!!!

DS (8months old) went down for his third sleep at about 4-ish and will usually only sleep for an hour or so at the most- well tonight he has decided to sleep for over two hours and is still sleeping!!!!

When he wakes up should i still do the whole dinner bath routine or will that mean he will then be up for AGES or should i just let him wake up and then give him another bfeed and try and get him to sleep for bedtime?? LoL i so dont usually have this problem with his afternoon sleeps!! He had a good sleep this morning and his middle of the day sleep he pretty much just snoozed in the pram while i walked into town!

Dum dee dum- lol i am sitting here twiddling my thumbs! I have done all the tricks that usually gaurentee he will wake- the dishes are done and i have had a GASP hot cup of tea and i am sitting here waiting wondering what to do!! He usually has dinner at 6 bath by 6:30 and quiet time and feed and bed by 7:30-8pm but thats when he wakes up at like 5, so if he say wakes up at 7, dinner at 8??? then he wont be in bed till like 10pm!! Hmmmm i just dont know what to do??!!

Any advice??? OOOOHHH He just woke up!!!!!! Advice now would be great!! lol

Umm I'd probably do the dinner bath bed routine

And congrats on your hot cuppa

Too late I know but I would have done the normal routine and kept him up until he showed tired signs again. You could have him up for a few extra hours if he got a really good sleep in! How did he go in the end?

Hot ........???????? What is that

Congratulations on successfully getting a hot cuppa before the age of one Unfortunately no suggestions though. I usually just have to suck it up when DS has a long, late nap and stay up with him until 10pm or later I hope you have more luck in getting him settled again.

Thanks everyone!!
    Yes a hot cuppa!! I couldnt beleive it!!

I ended up just going with the normal routine but we had a shower instead of a bath and he was down by 9:30!! Had a good sleep too!! It was funny though when he woke up and saw how dark it was!! lol

Thanks again!!