Thread: Dummy Rash...any ideas?

Eeejay Guest

Question Dummy Rash...any ideas?

Hi, My 7 month old has a rash around the outside of her mouth and I suspect it might be from the dummy she sucks when she goes to sleep. Anyone else had this problem and any success or suggestions in clearing it up?

My DD had the same problem she uses a Nuk dummy. I found it was because she was getting alot of dribble happening and it was being held there by the dummy. I tried to take her dummy out as much as possible and making sure her chin was kept dry. Also I put some barrier cream on it so it could heal. Try some zinc and castor oil cream or Bepanthen. Even just some lanolin will help.
    HTH

A friend used Bepanthen & it went away on her son....

Is that you Elise?? Sorry if I'm wrong but all the signs are pointing to a certain member of my mothers group....???

Jackson gets a dummy rash when he is teething because of the buckets of drool, I have tried just about every dummy known to man, but he still gets it, I just rub a bit of Dermaveen or even just a moisuriser like Cetaphil into it every day and it normally clears up. I don't know what dummies you are using, but make sure they have some kind of ventilation holes in the shield to let a bit of air through.