Thread: Dymadon vs Panadol

Default Dymadon vs Panadol

Is there a difference? Last night I was talking to the pharmacy assistant, as Milo refuses to take infant panadol.

She said he's old enough for the 1-5, and that it came in 2 flavours, but that all panadol tastes horrible, and he might like Dymadon better as the flavour is nicer.

So is dymadon essentially the same as panadol?
    Does anyone use it?

dymadon is exactly the same as panadol. DA hates the taste of panadol, but loves dymadon with a passion

Yep they are both paracetamol - which means that their active ingredients are identical... - you may just have to double check the quantities to give for the different brand - because one brand might be more concentrated than the other.

Thanks!
    I didn't even know dymadon existed til yesterday, I thought there was only panadol or neurofen (and we won't use ibuprofen).

Lets hope that he likes it!

Nikki_1983 Guest

Hi Rayray... as everyone else has said there isn't a difference.... my daughter hates the taste of panadol but loves the chemist own panadol (which is cheaper but obviously the cost doesn't matter at all)

mooshie Guest

yup definately the same, btw has anyone tasted the panadol IT IS GROSS, no wonder my dd spat it out at me pmsl. unfortunately they seem to taste worse as they get older to, the kids panadol for the 5 to 12yrs is disgusting, i have just got my ds on taking the chewable panadol thank god

I just get the chemits own version and it seems better tasting. My DD#2 has a passion for Demazin syrup!! Every time she has the hint of a cold she insists she needs Demazin LOL

NewmumLou Guest

I heard they were the same!