Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entertainment suggestions

Default Entertainment suggestions

Hi Girls ,

my little 7.5month old princess is getting very bored with Mummy and i need help with game suggestions ..pppllleasseee!.

We do all the usual singing , dancing and playing with her millions of toys but she is still bored. She loves going out but I want her to have time at home so that she can really explore her world on the floor. She has just learnt to sit so that has at least made it a little more fun. She also LOVES her JJ and stand up play gym but I really try and limit her to about 1/2 -1hour in total a day in them ( combined- so about 15-30mins each)

I think being on break from Gymbaroo is not helping as she loves those days!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks Cass

I'm pretty much in the same position....

I just rotate Louis around all of his toys throughout the day. He much prefers to be out and about though.

Sometimes just going for a walk or sitting outside with him works well but sometimes you don't have time for it....

Hi Kristie ..amazing what we do to keep them entertained!.

Kaitlyn actually had a good day today and was easily entertained which was good!. I also do the walking thing ...I walk an hour every afternoon with her which she really enjoys and so do I !.

It's a bugger that it's going to get cold again now though...I'm hopeless if it's cold I don't want to leave the house!

This is an option for the cold "at home" days; baby brain or young einstein videos. I love them, I feel ok about letting teh baby watch tv if I think it's good education!! !

I should try one of those..the only problem is Kaitlyn does not show any interest in TV. I have only tried because one of my girlfriends has a son that will not watch tele even for a minute and she says try and get them to just watch for 10mins otherwise you cant even go to the loo on your own hehe

Kaitlyn discovered the washing basket the other day so I drove her around in it like a car ...did the same with the esky when we were away ..so that is one good idea.

Hi there,

I am home a fair bit with the baby in a small space in cold weather. We play with:

- pots and pans and cooking spoons etc (makeshift drumkit)
    - tupperware cupboard
    - the bucket
    - CDs (we have a million)
    - paper
    - the inside of the paper towel roll makes a good microphone (!)
    - put him in the baby backpack and clean the floors
    - Teletubbies (loves it)

He sometimes even plays with his toys! But everything else he's not supposed to play with is so much more fun!
    HTH
    xx

Thanks Deb ...funny how what they cant play with they want to hehe. I might try the inside of the hand towel roll this afternoon as I think she will like to eat that hehe.

Cass

Cass like Deb has said..we found Sammy is more interested in normal day to day things than any toys we have really bought him. He loves the pots and a wooden spoon. He just thinks playing drums is great. We have an overturned lunchbox as well that makes lots of great drumming sounds. Sammy also loves (weird as it sounds) playing with maggi 2 minute noodle packets with the noodles still in them. Maybe its the bright colours?lol. I had already invested in a pile of musical instruments like castanets,shakers,bells..he has so much fun shaking them and being able to do it himself. We have a piano too and he loves banging on that. Magazines are great entertainment as well. Have you tried the jj over water..i know its getting colder now...but maybe with warmer water. Isnt it fun entertaining our bubbas!

Jo

Jo - do you know where you can get simple musical instruments for kids??? I'd love to get a few things like that...

Hi Jo!. I love the idea of the JJ in water \/

Kristie I picked some instruments up for Kaitlyn from Toys R Us .

Can someone please tell me, what is a JJ ? :-k

Al has a load of musical instruments as well - xylophone, muscial animal piano, shakers, drum, bells etc. We have picked most of them up from second hand markets very very cheaply. You could also check the trading post for someone seeling toys...or BB !

hehe Deb ...JJ is a Jolly Jumper .

Hi Kristie..we picked up some of our musical instruments from music stores(kosmic in perth) and from education stores (Wooldriges).

Thanks Cass...Sammy thinks its a hoot too!

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by mummy2Kaitlyn
    hehe Deb ...JJ is a Jolly Jumper .
    ahha! thank you! :smt026 Sounds like a fun activity.

Rainy day here today so Al and I came up with some ideas:

We discovered balloons - blowing them up and playing with them, provided some minutes of priceless entertainment. Warning: they burst ](*,)

We built a tent in the middle of the room.

We surfed the internet and found some baby websites with some cute games.

Danced to a CD

Watched the front loader go around

The JJ is great! Although I have now become Kaitlyns human JJ and as soon as I hold her in a standing position she is off...jumping ...jumping!.

I love the front loaded idea hehe.

Cass

LOL at the shoe Lace!. Kaitlyn is obsessed with Belts , string , Shoe laces ribbon ..anything like that!. I bought her a ball of wool today hahaha. So cute how they love cars Kaitlyn grunts when she sees one.

I was actually thinking about putting her in a nappy on a sheet of plastic with bowls of cottage cheese coloured with different food colourings . But it is a bit chilly and she has a small cold so I am waiting for the right day.

Cass

What a fun idea!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast