Thread: Enviroment/Food Related Nappy Rash?

Default Enviroment/Food Related Nappy Rash?

My DD1 has never really had nappy rash, her bum would get red, I would put on some paw paw and it would be gone by the next nappy change until 2 months ago, this is when we moved to the country this is also when she finally started to eat solids on a regular basis. So much has happed in the last two months that I have no idea where to start.

So, her rash is spotty and can get blisters I cannot determind if it is a yeast infection or not, I have taken her to the doctors and she said it is regular nappy rash. As she has never had this before and is now 2 I believe it may be enviromental/food related so please give me your suggestions on what can cause nappy rash like this.

Ummm, what's the water like up there? Are you on tank?

I was thinking water. No we aren't on tank water, just tap. Is there a simple way to purify the water to see if it has any effect?

Hmm, unless you get one of those ceramic things attached to your tap?

Bore water backs me up

My DD tends to get bum-rashy when she's teething (acid saliva?) and also from eating more acidy types of fruit - too much citrus or kiwi fruit, which is a pity cos kiwi is her favorite.

There's this fabulous cream you can get at the chemist which has a soothing component (like sigmacort) mixed in with and anti-fungal, I have found it to work any time the rash persists more than a couple of days (sorry I can't remember what it's called right now but the pharmacist will know). If you've tried this for a couple of days and it doesn't clear up then it's worth another opinion at the drs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    My DD tends to get bum-rashy when she's teething (acid saliva?) and also from eating more acidy types of fruit - too much citrus or kiwi fruit, which is a pity cos kiwi is her favorite.

There's this fabulous cream you can get at the chemist which has a soothing component (like sigmacort) mixed in with and anti-fungal, I have found it to work any time the rash persists more than a couple of days (sorry I can't remember what it's called right now but the pharmacist will know). If you've tried this for a couple of days and it doesn't clear up then it's worth another opinion at the drs.
    Is it Daktozin? - I LOVE the stuff, DD's rash clears up in 5-12hrs of using it

When her rash wouldn't clear up last time I tried Daktozin (thanks to one of your old posts Negrita ) and it cleared it up well however this time sudocream is clearing it up.

She doesn't really eat any citrus so it wouldn't be that. I think the water might be a good starting point as she used to eat small amounts of food and never reacted where the water has definately changed, so maybe I need to invest in a purifier, off to send some money... I will let you know how we go.

Thankyou everyone for your responces.

We are having a simliar prob with our youngest although he is 2 yrs old! It looks like eczema and last time we switched nappies as a certain brand set it off within hours of trying them. He eczema then became infected - imagine that! Poor chap.

His bottom has flared up again in the last 2 weeks but also on his cheeks, arms and legs..............I am actually starting a food diary........so to cut a long ramble short maybe you could try that and see what makes a diff and what doesn't. So far we have cut out tomoto sauce......

Hope you get to the bottom of it and it clears up soon.
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by DaintreeDream View Post
    When her rash wouldn't clear up last time I tried Daktozin (thanks to one of your old posts Negrita ) and it cleared it up well however this time sudocream is clearing it up.

She doesn't really eat any citrus so it wouldn't be that. I think the water might be a good starting point as she used to eat small amounts of food and never reacted where the water has definately changed, so maybe I need to invest in a purifier, off to send some money... I will let you know how we go.

Thankyou everyone for your responces.
    Glad to hear an old post helped - hope you can figure out what's causing it, goodluck!!

My DD's nappy rash actually turned out to be Hand Foot and Mouth disease. Not saying that's whats happening with you, but unless you knew the difference between a nappy rash and the HF&M disease you could easily be confused. as we were.

I found the tube, the cream I use is called Hydrozole. It's pretty cheap too.