Thread: Excessive Drool

Default Excessive Drool

Ok so I know when babys teethe they can be dribble pots. But For about 6-8 weeks now, Blake has been dribbling constantly.

He is like a tap, seriously I'm concerned, is there such a thing as too much drool? He soaks a bib in 10 minutes flat and he slips over in it when he is crawling on the tiles, consequently hurting himself.

Help?!

it does sound like teething Ashlee.
    When Milo was teething, I'hd have to change his outfits because they'd get so wet from the drooling, and for his first teeth the drooling pre-empted tthe tooth by at least 5 weeks!
    Int he end I took to putting a plastic backed bib on him (while he was young enough to not take it off) to save the 4+ outfit changes a day just due to drool!

if its really really excessive and it seems to get in the way of his speech ... see a doctor , he may have swalloed something ...

I forgot to add he has already cut 4 teeth in 6 weeks so I'm thinking he must be due to have a break.

Lea-Hmmm he doesn't speak alot really and he has been a bit under the weather lately, I might just have to take him to the doc....

Our ds was always a big drooler, and still is even though he's over 2 years old. He really only drools now when he's got a dummy (which he only has in bed) so we're not going thru so many clothes, but from about 6 months till 18 months he just drooled constantly. People would always say "oh, he must be teething" but it was for a whole year... His paed just said that some people produce more saliva than others.