Thread: Exercise and baby

Default Exercise and baby

I asked this question in my previous post re:sleep, but thought I'd ask in a new thread so you didnt all have to read through the other guff.
    I've just started exercising to try and loose my baby belly. i have never been a big exerciser, i didnt exercise when i was pregnant either. and now i am realising that my baby has become quite unsettled (particularly at sleep times), and this unsettled period (perhaps not coincidentally) coincides with me starting to exercise.
    Can anyone think of why this could be? Is there something different with my milk now?
    (can you see how i am desperately looking for an answer??!?!?!)

i have heard that the lactic acid build up when exercising can make the milk taste a little sour so they may not like the taste of the milk for a while. but i havent seemed to have this problem.

I think it could be. If you are exercising you are also taking up a lot of the calories you need to make milk. Are you also restricting your diet? I did & there was definitely a link between my extra exercise & Emma's unsettled times. I kep exercising though - but just made sure I ate enough. You can still lose weight. Anything drastic will affect your supply. I hope that helps. I know it is really hard!!

Yeah I've heard of this being related to exercise as well.
    for the last 8 weeks I have been slowly losing my baby weight - sensible diet and about 30-40 minutes walk most days. I've really been taking it slowly because I was paranoid when I started that I'd bugger up my milk - so far no problems whatsoever, Toby hasn't noticed and my supply is fine.
    Is it possible you're overdoing it a bit, or doing it just before a feed? Maybe slow down a bit and exercise right after a feed might help...

Thanks, Flea, will do.