Thread: facing the world!

Default facing the world!

Hi
    I was just wondering at what age you started facing your babies out in the baby bjorn or other slings, also started using the pusher instead of the bassinet on the pram?
    Thanks,
    Linds

Debbie Lee Guest

I am lending my hug-a-bub to a friend atm so I can't check to see what age they advise that it's ok to turn bubs around. I think it was 6 months? 8 months? Something like that. Definitely once they have good head control.

I think it was around 6 months Deb.... I know I turned Matilda around for short times forwards from 4 1/2 months, but then again she was starting to commando at that time, so had pretty good neck control. HTH

People generally recommend when the car seat gets turned aroung then you can turn them around in their sling, but I would go by the head control thing myself, coz every baby is different.

HTH good luck.xx O

Melinda Guest

I only started turning Jacob around when he had good head control. If there was any chance he'd fall asleep, I'd turn him around the other way though so that his head was fully supported.

Zander is 5months & I haven't turned him around yet & he's perfectly happy with that for the moment.

I turned them around when they started trying to look over their shoulder IYKWIM. I can't remember the ages.