Thread: Favourite Toys

Default Favourite Toys

What would you say have been the most worthwhile toys in your babies first year of life???

Just interested in hearing what has kept bubba occupied as I'm about to go shopping for some new toys.

Thanks!

Fisher price little people. Erin had some already, but once Paige got a hold of them, she just loved them. Easy for their little hands to hold too.

Aidyn used to really enjoy those cloth books you can get with different textured cloth pieces & textiles in them... (I think they are made by Priddy Books?)
    Balls were always favourite too.
    And rattly toys where you can see the balls etc moving inside...

Maggie loves her Fisher Price table - it was the first thing she stood at, totally suprising us. She loves all the different actions and sounds and is very proud of herself when she works one out. Other than that the remote control is her favourite.

jackson has had a few favourites. he loved his play mat, i think fisher price, had hanging toys and flashing lights and music. his favourites now are his fisher price twirlin' whirlin' turtle. it has balls in its shell which they can take out and you have to bash his head to send them flying around with lights and music. his fisher price activity table (i am starting to sense a pattern here!) and his leap pad, obviously he doesnt understand it yet, but he knows if he touches it it makes sounds and talks to him.

Small things they could hold while crawling around. A set of musical keys was Mason's favourite and Angus had a vibrating ladybug which he still loves now.

I can defiantely recommend the Fisher Price Fishbowl thingo.......Olivia loved it and we got a lot of use out of it, and now it has come into its own all over again with Charlie. (The muisic does my head in, but it is worth it to hear the accompanying giggles from my babes...)

Also agree on the books with flaps/texures/noises.

Also, something that seems to last in its entertainment is the Tupperware shape sorter red and blue ball with yellow shapes? Charlie loves it as a huge rolling rattle and Olivia still enjoys doing all the shape sorting and posting.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Also, something that seems to last in its entertainment is the Tupperware shape sorter red and blue ball with yellow shapes? .....
    Just found my old one the other day. Need to give a clean first and contact Tupperware for a replacement shape.

D'you know, the Tupparware toy........I was given one when I was born in 1969.....(OMG I feel so old) so they are obviously a toy that lasts in popularity!!

MiyaMommy Guest

For Miya it was Baby Tad....She never used to sleep without it....We'd put the bedtime music on and she'd fall asleep snuggled up to it with the flashing lights....

When she's in a really sad/cranky mood at bedtime now, she still settles with Tad.

she has 2 that never fail to work

1. the activity stations that look like a walker but have a solid bottom - she can spin around & play with everything in it

2. It is a puppy made by leagfrog I think. it has coloured hands, feet and ears. when you push on the bits it will tell you 'hand' or sing you a song. It is easy for them to press and always brings a smile no matter how big the tantrum.

The FP Ocean Wonders Aquarium! We got it for Kynan when he was about 2.5 months old and he still loves it at 9.5 months. He figured out how to turn it on and off by himself really quickly and he loves spinning the toys around.

He also loves the rattle that a friend gave him when he was born (one of those 2 coloured ones with the rings IYKWIM?), and any toys that make a crinkly sound or vibrate and move acros the floor. Oh and we got him the FP play wall thing for Christmas and that keeps him occupied for quite a while.