Thread: feeding question

Default feeding question

Here's my dilema, coco won't feed for long before falling asleep and it's REALLY hard to wake her. I don't think she's getting hind milk. She can go for 4 hours until a feed, so she's getting something, but she won't sleep more than 2.5-3 hours at night or in the day. I am wondering does anyone express and then top up with that? (not that it would work with a sleeping baby). Its just that Ive been reading the contented baby book and it says to top up with breastmilk.
    any advice would be helpful. I just don't know what to do. She also spends most of the night sounding as though she wants to do a poo, which can be due to not getting the hind milk. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    and while it's early days and she can't be expected to sleep through, Im just concerned because DD started this way and continued like this for 8 MONTHS, until I went to tresillian. She was a bit worse admittedly.
    thank you ox

Have you tried doing a nappy change after the first feed? When she falls asleep change her nappy and it may just wake her enough to take some more?

Emma went 2.5 - 3 hours night and day too for about 6 weeks or so, and now sleeps about 6 - 7 hours straight during the night if that is any consolation. And she just did that of her own accord

I dont really know, but hope you can get it sorted out!!!
    Indah would fall asleep & then in ano hour or so would stir enough for me to feed from same breast again....
    then she'd sleep much longer after that...

Best wishes!

You're all right. I do change the nappy and all, but I guess she's just a sleepy feeder!! Barley, I might consider feeding after the hour (she's stirring now after an hour sleep) and feed her again. I think just because last time was so bad I worry. But shannon, like you said, it is early days and it may go on like this for a while, but I'll deal with it later if it does. IT's nice to know I think, that others go through the same. It seems all my friends have perfect sleepers! That or none of them are willing to tell the truth. THat's when I start to panic, wondering why Im the only one with a non sleeper.
    I won't worry anymore and I'll just take each day as it comes. I can always pop her in the hug a bub and go for a walk.
    xoxoxo

It's true Shannon, I have to appreciate my time with her and I know that it goes SO quickly.
    I can hear her calling now, must be feeding time!!
    thanks againxoxo

LOL Meg, Matilda fed every 2 hours until she was 10 weeks old, night & day

Meg - I found that everyone was telling me Emma should have been sleeping longer too - "oh she should be going longer than 3 hours by now.......'' Then when she went longer people were like "OMG that is a long time...." You just cant win. I think people jsut like to be the expert!

That's it Linda, everyone else is an expert on how to raise YOUR child!!

Ignore them, they generally dont know or cant remember...