Thread: Fever Due To Vaccinations

Default Fever Due To Vaccinations

Adrian had his 2 month vaccinations yesterday, he`s been running a fever since 2am this morning, it was 38.3 then and has been up and down between 37 and 38.1 today, panadol takes it down but as soon as it wears off his temp is back up again.

Has anyone else had this reaction after vaccinations and how long did the high temps last for? I know Matthew had a slight fever but it never got up into the 38 degree mark.

Except for the high temp he is still alert, talkative, smiley boy with wet and dirty nappies and feeding well but off course is a bit grizzly which is very unlike Adrian. I was worried this morning at 2am as he felt like he was on fire, thankgoodness the panadol kicked in.

Take Care

Dee

Abby just had some needles a week ago and she was the same. It lasted 2-3 days. Her temp got up to 38.7 and OMG did she feel hot! Panadol worked really well and i just gave her that if the temp was above 38 (it says give panadol if temp is over 38 on info sheet)

She was also very cranky and wouldnt really sleep without being held etc at times. Aparently its pretty normal but it says on our info sheet if it lasts more than a few days to see the gp. Hope it clears up soon. Oh, Abby was a bit cranky for a couple of days after her temp went down, but teething may have had something to do with it.. not sure.

HTH

Dee this is very common. Keep going with the panadol. As Emz said it usually only lasts for 2 days

Thank you Emz and Alan, Adrian`s temperature was back to normal by late morning today so hopefully he`s over the worst of it now.

NewmumLou Guest

I try to give Josh his panadol 1/2 an hour before he even goes for his vaccinations (they use to recommend this a long time ago) and touch wood, he hasnt had a temp at all at both immunisation dates.

My neice was the same Dee - fortunately Ella hasn't been affected by her vaccinations so far - but whenever she teeths she'll get ridiculously high temps above 40 :eek:. Scary when our babes have a temp. You've been doing the right thing - hope little Adrian is back to his usual gorgeous self in no time