Thread: A few questions re: washing

Default A few questions re: washing

Ladies, would you mind helping me with some of my questions.

1) When is it too early to start washing the babies clothes (collecting dust etc)?

2) When doing towels/facewashers/terry flats did you use cold, warm or hot water?

3) How many washes to get the towels nice and fluffy?

4) Did u use cold/warm/hot water for the babies clothes or did you follow the instructions (lol)?

I have lux flakes, amolin and purity liquid.

Thanks in advance.

I washed all of thebaby stuff about a week before my due date, I still went 1 week over so it was 2 weeks before she wore it.

I cannot use softener on baby stuff (Maddy's skin went funny when I did) So I just dont use it, I use Amolin or this other stuff i was given but has since run out. So now I use about 1 teaspoon of Amolin in with nappies, clothes etc...
    I put everything needing a wah into nappy bucket & do it all together! I use cold water...

I wouldn't wash any of the bubs stuff till well into the 3 trimester.. we only washed the towels and stuff once and they were fine. We used Amolin fore the first 6 or so months. We washed in warm water unless there was lots of vomit, then we washed in hot. I have always washed in warm for the clothes first off and have had nothing run.

I just wash clothes in with mine (cold wash with ordinary front-loader detergent - I was going to get Lux flakes but they're not suitable for front loading washing machines). Towels I wash separately (or with sheets) but same wash style as clothes. I don't mind if they're not really fluffy though so you might not want to do the same as me on those I use hemp terry prefolds and wash them separately in extremely hot water.

All our washing gets done in cold water, and using Amolin.

I tried the purity one, but DH didn't like it and it left some of the clothes dirty.