Thread: First birthday cake -Looking for No 1 design/shape

Default First birthday cake -Looking for No 1 design/shape

Hi

Looking to make a No 1 design cake for my little man who turns one in six weeks time (wow where has that year gone to). Does anyone know where I can find to either buy or hire a no 1 shape cake tin. I'm in Northern Beaches in Sydney. Have had limited success finding ones on line. I know I can cut one out of long cake tins but one in the correct shape will make things just a bit easier.

Thanks

I just cut one or even cheat and make a bar cake shape!
    Otherwise google?

I just cut mine out for Oskar... but I did hear the other day that there are kitchen and cake tin hire places?? I'm not sure of anything more than that, but maybe that could help you start somewhere?

I have seen a couple of people on ebay hiring tins out, if you havent had a look there. otherwise you might find a 2nd hand one on there, and they seem to have a good re-sale $$ so you could offload when done if you wanted.
    But, I would just draw it on a piece of paper (or two taped together, or even get it enlarged somewhere) Bake a nice slab (I've used roasting dishes heaps of times) and lay the paper over the top, secure with toothpicks and cut away the edges.
    The Woman's Day kids birthday books have patterns in them, but I can't remember if they have the numbers on the pattern sheets?

I just saw a 1 shaped one on ebay brand new for $27, if you are planning on more kids it might be worth it.

Grab yourself a Womens Weekly Kids Birthday Cake cook book and a couple of bar/loaf tins and follow the pictures! Easy as pie and so much better then cheating and buying a number 1 tin!

Hi I'm on the northern beaches in Sydney too and I have one that you can borrow (or have I won't need it for another 8 years!)
    If you want to PM we could meet up for a playdate or coffee and I'll give it to you.

Pixie- if I PM you for a playdate can I borrow the tin in December for Erin's 11th birthday please ????????????????????????????????

hi - just sent you pm - thanks again :-)

Sure can Mrs Mac! It can do the rounds of 1, 10 and teen birthdays on BB!

Awesome thanks!!!