Thread: First Birthday Parties

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Default First Birthday Parties

Hi All

Ok so Jonah's first birthday is still a while away but yes I am already thinking about it. Just wanting to know what others have in mind or what others have done in the past?

So come on share your children's first birthday parties

With Lindsay and Erin we had BBQ's with family and friends and on average we had around 25 - 30 people (some came and went through the day) all up and I did the 'woman's weekly' birthday cakes for them. Poor old Paige didn't have a 1st birthday party because of DH's work commitments, but I will give her a 2nd birthday party this year.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Did you organise any activities or games? That's where I'm stumped most of the children will be around the same age as Jonah so I'm not too sure what to do if anything with them all. Any suggestions there?

There is thread here about birthday parties.

And another thread also HERE.

Matty's ended up being an afternoon tea gathering that saw 45 people attend (majority being immediate family) I put out sausage rolls, party pies, mini quiches, club sandwiches, fairy bread, lollies , bikkies, jelly, chips and cheezels. Plus his birthday cake which I made from 2 pkt mixes. Very simple and easy.

We`re having family which will consist of 6 adults and 10 children ranging from Matthew being the youngest to 18 years of age.

We`re having a BBQ and I`m thinking about hiring a jumping castle to keep the children happy.

we are having family and close friends. About 20 adults and 10 kids, most of the kids will be under one. we are having an outside party with finger food lunch. kids food will be frankfurts, fairy bread, mini jelly cups, stuff the littlens can eat and the adult food will be stuff like california rolls, club sandwhiches, mini quiches, that sorta thing.

we're not having any games as such because the kids are so young. we have a big undercover patio so will get my sister to bring her son's climbing castle and slide, and ride on cars and stuff, and i have a big bright spare doona which i will put down on the patio for the really young ones to sit and play on. jackson also got a huge swing set for christmas and before his party we are building a big shade cloth cover over it (typical readhead, can't take him anywhere near the sun!)

i think we are having a jay jay the jet plane cake becuase he is a character that jackson recognises, he cracks up evertime jay jay talks on the the tv. either that or thomas.

We had around 50 family and friends including kids- we have a large extended family so unfort that was the minimum we could get away with! I went a bit overboard and hired a small jumping castle and a ball pit - the kids loved the ballpit more then the castle. As for games we just attempted pass the parcel, bubble blowing is also fun with the littlies.