Thread: First Impressions

Smile First Impressions

What was your very first impression of your baby.

With Matthew my very first impression was omg this is MY baby, I think I was stunned for words when I first saw him LOL

With Adrian my first impression was OMG he`s absolutely enormous, he looked like he was a miniature footballer LOL He looked bigger then Matthew but was actually 20gms lighter, I think I was shocked at his size as all medical staff said I was having a 7lb bub not one his size, I should have listened to my family`s prediction.

Mark`s first impression of Adrian was his boy bits, he mentioned to me that Adrian has very big boy bits, his wife will be happy!!!!!

Mark also commented on the size of Adrian`s hands and feet, as has numerous people, they all say he`s going to be a policeman!!

So what were your first thoughts of your baby?

Just this morning I was wondering about how I might be... acutally I thought I would just burst into tears, I'm so soppy

Interested to hear your responses

My first thought was that she was perfect. I had expected a light colouring baby as two of Shane's kids from previous marriage are strawberry blondes, and not very attractive ones So I was preparing myself for the worst!
    I was so happy to see a cute darker baby!
    I know everyone says this, but I honestly felt like Jenna was the prettiest in the birthing ward at the time. She had the most gorgeous lips, and I knew after her first bath she would have curls - even though noone believed me.
    I did hope her eyes would change, but they are still a bright blue.

I'm terrified now that the next one will be a strawberry blonde!! I'm hoping it was from his XW's genes - not his

With Lindsay, it was like "OMG, look at his hair and he has hands just like his Daddy!" and then I was all, he is MY baby, I don't have to give him back, and how beautiful he was.

When I had Erin, I said "Look, a tiny little girl, I can't believe I have a little girl", even though 8 1/2 pound isn't that small, she was small to me

After Paige was born Doug said "Holy **** she's big!" I was more like "Wow, another little girl" and then when I held her I commented on her double chin.

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - LOL @ Adrian looking like a footballer and having big boy bits! hehehe

My first impressions are a little hazy because I think all that had happened and the drugs had sent me off to la-la land. I do remember thinking "Wow! She doesn't look like a squishy newborn!". I was also shocked because her hair (what little she had) appeared dark. We were expecting a red-head! It got light pretty quickly but it was fairly dark when she was born.
    Whilst in hospital I was just amazed that Neil and I made something so beautiful and perfect. Her little nose was a little lop-sided (still is a little when she looks in the mirror) because it was obviously sqashed up against something but I didn't care. She was mine and she was perfect!

my first impression of Jackson, was oh my god, I have never seen a baby with hair that thick and that red!! We were so surprised at the colour, but we adored it from the minute he was born! Like most parents, we thought every bit of him was perfect. He had beautiful little chubby lips and really petite features, he wasn't a gangly newborn, but a little 6 pound 6 bundle!!

Second impressions were a bit on the upset side to see how beaten up he was from the c/s. He had a cut lip which was bleeding profusely, and a long mark down his left cheek from the forceps, he looked like he had just stepped out of a boxing ring, broke our hearts!

My first impression (when they placed him on me for a cuddle) was OMG he is so warm and snuffly! He was making these little snuffling noises... and was so warm and soft. Other than that I was actually freaking out a fair bit at the enormity of the event. I remember thinking how peaceful he was (for the first 24 hrs anyway) and how big his hands were!

My first thoughts & words when Zander was born was "it's Davo!" - because he looked so so much like my brother!!

My first thoughts were Oh WOW its a Boy! LOL!(Because we were told we were having a Girl!!....Then my next thoughts were He is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen in my life.....I cant believe I have a perfect healthy beautiful baby boy. I just stared at his beautiful big lips, and sweet face, and thought....I have a mini DH! He didnt look anything like me! I just fell in love instantly......Cant wait to do it all over again!and again and again and again, but dont tell DH

With Cait it was how big she was, that she was kicking and relief that she looked OK.

With Alex, the first thing I saw was his wrinkley purple bottom ! Also relief that he looked OK.

With Olivia it was utter relief that she was whole,intact and alive. Sounds morbid, but I had been plagued by fears that she would die. Then as she was sqirming round on my chest and waving her hands about, I freaked as I convinced myself she has 6 fingers. I am such a panic merchant! A few hours later, when she was wrapped up in her bassinet and I realised she had a mop of dark red hair.....and that she was ALL PERFECT and ALL MINE.......that is when I dissolved into puddles of tears and love.......

With Charlie, it was love at first sight....I am convinced he grinned at me as soon as he was plopped on my chest. I can remember laughing into his eyes and realising I had just given birth to a very special little mate. And he attached to the boob straight away and looked like he was born to feed, which he was, and I was just so full of pride......I was also totally convinced he looked as goodlooking as Rob Lowe.......LOL

With Lexie, it was "OMG, she is my biggest baby but she is so tiny and petite and looks like a blond fairy and her hair is not red!" We were in total wonder at how she came into the world so fast but felt like she had been in our lives forever already..........
    Last edited by Lucy; October 10th, 2006 at 02:26 PM.

My first thoughts were, is he ok. I remember asking DH if he was ok. I had C-section and didnt get to see him straight away. But when DH handed him to me I cried and asked if everything was ok. He looked so much like DH and tinny. He was sound aleep and I just held him close to me and didnt want to let him go.

He was a gift from God!!!!

Oh and by the way is has big feet and hangs.....As my DH says he is very well down there!!! And I say leave him and it alone..!!!!...lol

OMG this thread is making me cry....So beautiful

I was a bit like Lucy, I just wanted to see that he was alive. They had him between my legs, trying to get him to breathe and my midwife had to reassure me so many times that he was okay. I also remember thinking he was so tiny and he had these skinny, delicate little fingers. He also had a lot less vernix on him than I expected!

I thought "He's here, he's alive, he's huge ... I can't believe it!"

my first thought she was so small and beautiful, and then when we found out she was a girl, i was happy i love my girls

My first thought was how much black hair Kaitlyn had ...and DH and I are both fair!. Then I just said to DH " I want more" hehehe I was so amazed at this little person we had created.

What a miracle parenthood is.