Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First sleep in a big bed

Default First sleep in a big bed

For those that have swapped from cot to bed, which sleep did you do first? I'm debating whether to put Zander in the big bed for the night tonight or wait until his day sleep tomorrow. The blinds just arrived for his room, so it will be ready tonight if I want. Also hy did you pick day or night or vice versa?

I think we went straight to night sleep because we put it all together in the afternoon.

ETA: And from memory we made sure the afternoon sleep was a short one, AND we did LOTS of exercise and physical activities that would tire her easily for the afternoon

*hugs*
    Cailin

I did night sleep first also. Just because night time is a little more conducive to sleep.
    What a big occassion! I made it really exciting. Big hugs Sarah on this next milestone...

Definitly night time. When Jenna went into her bed at 16m (the first time ) we still slept her in the cot at daytime causeshe was just constantly wanting to get out as she plays in her cot before and after her nap.
    Nighttime was lots, lots easier! She usually just went down at night time.
    Now she sleeps well both times in bed, but we usually need to give her books to read in her bed before she goes to sleep during the nap time in the day.
    How exciting Sarah! I hope it all goes smoothly.

OMG he's asleep He hopped out once & I told him "no it's time for sleep" and then that was it. 10mins & he was asleep! Now I just have to worry about him falling out! He has the cot mattress on the floor JIC though.

Oh hooray! How exciting! What a big boy

I'm always putting Tallon to sleep on our bed, so I can't wait until he has a big bed of his own.

Hope he stays there all night for you Sarah!

Yeah Sarah.. try not to stay awake the whole night thinking he is going to fall out... he will be ok?? congrats on this huge milestone!
    Last edited by ~Flossie~; February 13th, 2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling - what else!

Oooooh Sarah. What a good little man you have there.....well done to all of you! I know you have planned this for ages, so WELL DONE! xx

Sarah, what a good lil man you have! We tried DS on a week end, in his bed...But we made the mistake of doing up a whole new room for him. So he woke at midnight, and we found him standing at the end of the bed crying . Gosh it is hard! We have now moved his bed into where his nursery was, so that the change isnt so big. I wish I had of thought of that earlier!! We ended up having to put him back into his cot. He wont even sleep in his cot if it isnt against a wall now...So it does seem to have something to do with positioning too! I guess we will try again soon, but there is no hurry...If it means buying another cot for bubs 2...so be it!
    Sarah, you always seem to work things out just perfectly in the end....Good on you...You're doing a fab job...I always read your threads knowing I will learn something from you! Thanx

Well done Zander!! and you too Sarah.

Aww thank you Ally We moved him to a new room as well, I think the thing that did it was that we played in there a lot over the last few weeks & had his bed set up ready to go. He loved his new room before moving in so that might have helped.

We had a fantastic night! As I said last night he was asleep within 10mins after coming out only once. He then only woke once, I think he must've woken & was confused to where he was but he was still in bed which is great. I kept waking up to check on him though! Then this morning he jut toddled out (5mins ago) very sheepishly looking like he was wondering if he was allowed to come out! It was 1/2 an hour earlier than normal, but usually he lies in his cot chatting or that time anyway.

So one sleep down & it was a success, we'll see how we go this afternoon. I think we might go to the park for the morning

YAY Sarah and WTG Zander, what a clever little man you are.

Sarah I am hoping that when we finally get Tehya's bed that she sleeps better in it too. Afterall, she can't sleep any worse.

Hoping that this is the start of something beautiful for you guys

Good luck Brooke :crossingers:

Last night was perfect, slept without a peep. Although when I was standing in the doorway watching him sleep, thinking he was getting too big, he rolled off the bed LOL! Right when I was standing there. No damage (cot mattress is there) and he hardly even stirred.
    Last edited by {sarah}; February 15th, 2007 at 12:59 PM.

LOL. If you hadnt' been watching, he probably would have stayed on the floor all night!

LOL you're probably right Liz!

Oh woo hoo Sarah!!!!!!! That's very inspiring cause we're making that transition in the next month or so. Maybe i should just put her in at night rather than do the day sleeps as a lead up...it worked for you guys!

We made sure we wore him out beforehand too, that was a great tip! Also yesterday he didn't have his day sleep due to a Drs appointment, so was really tired. Today though he was wide awake & not wanting his sleep, but was very good & stayed in bed for 1.5hrs which is his usual sleep.

WTG Charli And yep IKWYM about them growing up Brooke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast