Thread: fisher price aquarium cot thingys

Cool fisher price aquarium cot thingys

Any one have one of these?

What do you think of them? tell me everything

TIA!

abs Guest

Jordy loves his... at a couple of months of age he was able to lie on his back and press the button & roll the other 2 things with his feet

Then he would grab the vertical bar of the cot with the hand closer to the edge, and swing his other arm up to play with it (thus sortta lieing on his side)

And now he stands and plays with it

I think we are still on the original set of batteries, though they are definitely not full charge but it still operates the fishies

Definitely a good purchase - great for hand-eye coordination in bed

I think Angel might have/had one of these.

I had a mozart in motion mobile, but all it did was distract Milo and keep him awake. We founf the nothing in the cot approach worked really well. although he does have Mr Do-bee hanging from the roof on the other side of the room.

Kameron loved his as well, but we never really used it for Lachlan and haven't yet for Ashton either. Kameron worked out how to turn it on change settings etc etc from pretty early on, so during the night we would sometimes hear it playing if he had woken up.

Our aquarium did a light show on the roof as well.

Love

We have one of these. I'd always liked them and thought they were a nice idea. William loves it too.

We bought it when he was about three months old and he used to go right off to sleep with it. He now sits up and starts batting the starfish and rolling the crab around to amuse himself, then switches the music on, falls face down and goes straight to sleep. It's hilarious.

I also like the Flutterbye Birdies one ... it was hard deciding between the two as they both have nice features. FP now have a rainforest soother (saw it in a catalogue the other day). Luckily that didn't come out last year or I would never have been able to choose.

Sammy has loved his. It got lots and lots of use to first calm him down for sleep and when it was on a more energetic mode with bubbles he loved just watching it. Great buy though we found it chewed through batteries.

Jo

Lily too loved hers and still sometimes plays with it! She won't let Charlie have it.

Luke loved his and I have got it all ready for this bub as well. Luke must of played with it heaps because I remember going through so many batteries. I think the new ones only take 3 whereas mine took 4. This time I have bought rechargable batteries for everything. Just those cheap ones that you can get from Aldis but they are really good.

Babe, Jack has a turtle one(Baby Einstein, I think) on the side of his cot and still uses it today!! He loves it and I will be leaving it there for bubba #2...

And Jack prob started playing with it when he could sit up..

Fee Guest

We have the Ocean Wonders Aquarium. Cooper likes to kick it will his feet (especially the roller part). Sometimes it helps settle him but othertimes it doesn't. I'm glad we got it though. We bought it in Target on sale. Batteries wear out fast though!

Danni have you seen this thread...

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=29466

Fletch has one for sale.. no idea if it is that same thing though!!!!!

(sorry dunno how to do the link thing LOL) ... oh look it actually worked LMAO

Yep, Khas one and we LOVE it, all of us LOL! K will turn his on if he wakes up in the middle of the night and then goes back to sleep by himself. There is no way that he is ready to give his up so we are going to buy another one for J.

The only downside - K went through a phase where he wouldn't/couldn't turn it on himself and if he was upset or teething then DH & I would have to get up every 10 minutes to hit the button to restart it for him otherwise he would scream if he came out of a sleep cycle and couldn't hear his waves going. That phase didn't last long though and now K uses the aquarium to settle himself to sleep.
    Last edited by Angel; August 7th, 2007 at 02:01 PM.

We bought one for Nick when he was little, and all of the kids love it, Macauley is using it at the moment and is giggling at the fish LOL

mooshie Guest

danni

we have had one in lani's cot since she was born, she actually cracks the poos with us if we forget to turn it on lol.

we found for lani in particular, that she associated (and still does) with sleep. it seemed also to settle her, there where a number of times when we would wake in the middle of the night with the music coming through the monitor lol, so she must of sometimes used to wake up look around and turn it back on to go to sleep. even now when she goes to bed (we put it on the 10min one) and quite often 1/2 hour later when i put ds to bed you can still hear it going so she obviously turns it on to help her get to sleep.

only downside i found was when her mattress was in the higher position it was great as she could reach to touch it etc however when she was a little older and the cot mattress had to be lowered (for safety) she couldn't reach the aquarium so it got a bit frustrating for her cause she couldn't turn it on and she would call out for me to come and help, this only lasted a little while until she could actually reach it herself so it was no drama really.

i think they are great, some people don't believe that babies should have things like this cause it can disrupt from sleeping but for us it does anything but. actually my ds at nearly 7yrs of age still has his radio or some sort of music on everynight whilst going to sleep and we do as well.

i think they are a great idea.

just read back at your post angel and seems like lani and kynan use it in exactly the same way lol

we have the ocean aqarium one (did see in the big w catologue yesterday that they have a new version 1/2 price) eliana loved hers & i plan on using it again with this baby - i took it where ever we went & as long as the music played eliana would sleep - when she got older she used to turn it on with her foot during the night & go back to sleep - so i highly recommend it for your sanity!!

We have one too! My sister gave it to me after she finished with it for her kids. I think when Jess was about 2 weeks old i startd having trouble getting him to sleep during the day.. so pulled that out of the cupboard and just played the music and it instantly settled him! And now i use it anytime he needs settling to this day. I think its the best thing we have!

Zander loved his aquarium as well I think it's definitely a popular choice going by this thread!