Thread: flemmy chest= dairy allergy??

Default flemmy chest= dairy allergy??

My 8 month old constantly seems to be flemmy.. I have taken him to docs and he is now on his 3rd round of anitbiotics within 6 weeks and he still sounds really bad! Just a thought .. could it be a dairy allergy causing it? when he was younger i was told by homeopath to cut dairy from my diet because he was so colicky and i think it helped. I have been eating dairy for quite a few months now and give him yoghurt and i wonder if this is causing his bad chest?
    are these familiar symptoms to an allergy?

I don't think it's an allergy sign, but it could be a sign of intolerance (allergy signs usually show up straight away). DS had a dairy allergy which he grew out of at about 13months. He would get a red rash on his face, starting around his mouth, within minutes of eating yoghurt.

It would be worth asking GP about dairy intolerance although I think there would be stomach problems as well if that were the case.

Good luck.

the way that you can tell if they have an intollerance is to take them off all of the food you think is causing the problem for a week. During that time, everytime they are eating, you take their resting pulse so you have a really good idea what is normal for them after the week.
    Then you give them a small amount of the offending food, and you start taking their pulse whilst they are eating it at 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins 15 mins.
    You are looking to see if the pulse raises at all. If it does then there is a intolerance- but if it doesn't then there isn't.

Its sounds hard to try and keep a little one quiet, but it is effective and less envasive than intolerance tests.

HTH and good luck

have you tried homeopathic medecine ?
    we have a local pharmacy which makes congestion drops for children which are fantastic but they also do reccoment you "discourage dairy" for a while too

Yep i agree that it may be an intolerance - not an allergy. My DD has a severe dairy allergy and within minutes breakes out in a rash on her face - an is actually anephelactic (sp?) if she injests a fair amount (need to carry an epipen with us as she'll have difficulties breathing from swelling of her throat). Try to see your peadiatrician for advice. Good luck