Thread: Free standing gate/barrier/playpen panels?

Question Free standing gate/barrier/playpen panels?

Hi all, I would dearly love to barricade myself in the kitchen during my peak business periods (growing weary of extracting DD2 from the bottom shelf of the fridge, pantry, cupboard every time I so much as I get a potato out)! However where our kitchen ends is a tricky corner so I can't use a regular gate, we're in a rental so I can't fix anything to the wall.

Wondering if anyone has something they use as a free-standing barrier? I'm up for any ideas even if it's just something quite makeshift that works at your house!

At the moment our kitchen is blocked off by a playpen folded up, on its side, kept "secure" by tucking it behind a couch! Works for us

dreambaby make gates that just screw across the wall - ours is huge - I put cork on it so it didn't damage the wall. Otherwise I put DS into his portacot or put the portacot in the doorway.

Kazbah, can't screw across the wall since the gate will sit at an angle to the wall, instead of perpendicular. This is what makes it such a hard spot to baby-proof.

Sneakyspark - it's looking like we might have to do something similar, however DD is very strong and will no doubt be able to push it around (eventually).