Thread: Frizzy hair

Default Frizzy hair

Does anyone know if there are any baby haircare/styling products out there LOL. Kynan's hair at the back gets so knotted and dry as he loves lying on his back and turning his head from side to side. It looks like he's got a mini afro going on or that he's a fan of the '80s and has been teasing his hair LOL! Even straight after a wash and good brush it's still all dry and frizzy. Would love to be able to get it back to it's lovely soft, straight, original state!

its not a hair care product as such but I know a few people who swear by satin pillowcases to keep thier babies' hair silky and stop them from waking up with knots.
    Do you condition? Maybe a leave in conditioner might help...

Angel, it might be because he still has his 'baby hair'. Blake's hair was like that all the time until he had his first hair cut. Then once those dry baby ends were gone, his hair improved dramatically. Now his hair isn't dry at all.

Maybe once you get the clippers and give him a trim it might improve. Otherwise a leave-in conditioner might help.

We have been using a shampoo and conditioner made by circle of friends and it's really nice. It does cost $13 a bottle but it lasts ages.

Maybe once Kynan has his first haircut he might be ok.

Angel, is it his fine baby hair? If so, a silk or satin pillow case or a square of silk or satin over hids head end of the bed will do the trick.

Can you have his hari trimmed? That'll encourage his "big boy hair" to grow, and in theory his grown up hair will not tangle as much.

Olivia has always had problems with her hair tangling....I now use a spray leave in conditioner before I brush it every morning to enable us to brush it without a tantrum/pain.

I use a VO5 adult one, but I am pretty sure you can now buy a kids detangler product from the supermarket....

Jenna has the same problem. She almost "burns" all her hair off the back of her head its so frizzy. We usually have to wet it each day, and then comb it, and it goes back to its curls.
    We have started to condition, but to be honest, I dont reckon it makes any difference.
    But my girl is super curly, so its more of a problem associated with that I think.
    We wont be getting her hair cut as its too cute, and I'm scared the curls will disappear

Fi those curls will never go

Mine did

Thanks for all the suggestions! I did a google search and it seems that Gaia now make a baby leave-in conditioner/detangler so I'll have to order some of that and see how it goes. He does need to have his 1st haircut too so that may very well help. He does the head turning thing on the floor, not just in bed, so I don't know if the satin thing would work too well. Haha I can just imagine DH's expression if I tried putting satin sheets or something into Kynan's cot!

Madeleine, LOL @ the dreads! Kynan had a little round bald patch and bald strips extending out from the sides for ages because of the head turning. I don't think it was until he'd been crawling properly for some months that the hair grew back properly LOL!

Just bumping this up again as we tried the Gaia stuff for the first time last night and it works wonderfully! Kynan's hair is beautifully soft and knot-free again (and surprisingly wavy LOL) I am so pleased with how well it worked - definitely recommend it for others with frizz problems!

Declan gets dreadies when his hair gets long, we just chop it off. He looks much better with a short spunky haircut!!