Thread: Fussy 18month old eater.....

Default Fussy 18month old eater.....

My 18month old is a very fussy eater...he tends to only eat pureed foods still. I dont know if it is because he is a lazy eater or because he only has 6 teeth.

He wont eat sandwiches, or chunkier foods and its driving me crazy!

Does anyone know of a good childrens dietician in Sydney's east???

Don't know any dieticians but my DD only ate chicken nuggets for about 7 months at that age and she is OK now!! Its very worrying at the time though isn't it.

Yes, it gets very frustrating ...as a parent you want to see them eat bits of everything!
    Is it bad if they have the same thing night after night??

It's probably just a phase he is going through as most bubs can cope with reasonably chunky food when they only have a few teeth. I still get concerned sometimes about my 19m old's eating habits but I'm trying to relax and just go with it (he hasn't eaten most vegies since he was about 10m). He mainly wants to eat fruit these days... at least it's healthy I suppose LOL He doesn't like sandwiches either, by the way! I just keep offering him a wide range of things and hoping that he'll try it. It can get frustrating though when your lovingly prepared food gets rejected though can't it LOL!