Thread: Going to work tomorrow - worried how he'll cope

Unhappy Going to work tomorrow - worried how he'll cope

I worked 3 days in June, while DH & my Dad & step-Mum looked after the boys, and while Mr I was very glad to see me when I got home (attached himself to the boob as soon as I got home) and had a couple of whingy times, on the whole he was OK.

Moveing forward to last weekend, we decided to take DS1 to Toy Story 3 and left DS2 at Dad's asleep and apparently he spent as fair amount of time crying - Dad took him for a long walk in the pram and he was OK, but once they got home he wasn't happy. (And as it turned out, the tickets were sold out and we did a bit of shopping & then picked him up, we went with him on Sunday & he was fine in the cinema)

Today, Dad, step-Mum & my 2 teenage nephews came over and Mr I cracked up any time anyone tried to hold him except me. He was OK playing on the floor if no one tried to play with him, but if someone did he'd want me again.

Tomorrow & Friday I've agreed to go to work to help with year end & my Mum is coming up to look after Mr I tomorrow & both boys on Friday & I'm worried he'll cry the whole day. I can dial in to do some work from home, but I doubt that I'd get much done (plus my study is a complete mess and it'd be alot easier at work where I can look stuff up in the files).

I guess I'm after sympathy or reassurance. I don't want my little baby upset.

Oh snowy
    No one wants to see their baby upset

Will he take a dummy? or maybe you could give him EBM for comfort??
    Im sure he will be fine. When you went to work last month, from what you said he was ok.
    If he is really upset, you can always go on lunch early to go back for a quick cuddle. Or perhaps get your dad to drop in for a cuddle??

If he's anything like Theo, when you're in his vision - he is going to want his mummy. If you're not around... outta site outta mind iykwim.

I hope everything goes alright.
    Try and enjoy your days back at work

he will be fine, and if he does get upset, he won't remember in the long run. Just remember if he is upset on thurs, friday is a diferent ball game as he will have is big bro too.

Thanks ladies.

I've got 2 lots of EBM ready, although he didn't take much last time, but he's never had a dummy - I was always there up until now.

Telly - He's very much like Feo in the if he can see me he wants me. Hopefully he'll be like his big brother and love being with his Grandma so much he doesn't worry about me being away.

I got an hour done before Mum called me up & I went home. I've gotten another couple of hrs done from home, better get back to it!

I didn't have any useful advice so didn't post last night. Unfortunately your DS is about the age that seperation anxiety really starts to occur I am glad you were able to go home and be with him (although I can imagine how hard it must be on you working at home when he probably doesn't want to be put down)

Ooooh, that's so hard
    I work from home. Previously full time and now only casually. When DS was very little it was ok, but as he got older it got harder (especially aruond the 7-8 month mark) as he just wanted his mummy. So it was easier because I didn't have to actually leave him, but hard to separate myself from him. After he started walking he'd come to my office door and bang and cry out for me BUt recently it's gotten easier again - he's far too busy in his little fantasy world, and bossing the babysitter around.
    Anyway, you have my sympathy