Thread: Good Overnight Disposable Nappy

Default Good Overnight Disposable Nappy

My DD (20 mths) is a very very Heavy Wetter overnight and i am struggling to find a nappy that can deal with her flow!!

So far i have tried, Aldi, Huggies (both boys & girls!), Sorbies and Cruisers and all of them have leaked through which results in her being soaking - i've gone up in sizes, tried two nappies at once all with no result. im at my wits end as i am changing and washing sheets/protectors daily and having to air her mattress daily too.

Can anyone suggest anymore sposies that may do the trick? - she is a tummy sleeper(hence why i tried the boys nappies as their absorption panel is at the front) so most of the flow is at the front of the nappy so her pj's and bodysuits all end up soaked as well.

Atm i've resorted to changing her at about midnight (tired pregnant mummy ) just to try and give me a break from the sheet/protector washing and to help keep her dry and comfy because im sure she must get cold or something, even though she doesn't wake up!

I should add that her day nappies are fine and are barely wet (even though she drinks a lot of water during the day), so its almost like she is holding herself until nighttime and letting everything go then!

Any suggestions/help greatly appreciated.

DS is a big wetter and sleeps for 12 hours at night so we use a Huggies nappy then a Huggies pull up in a large size ( I think they are the 14kgs+ ones) over the top. Because the pull up is big it pulls right up over the normal one and then any leaks get caught by the pull up. Some nights the pull up is dry and we can re use it!

Give the Coles brand ones in the green packet a go (they have a gumnut design on them). It's completely escaped my mind what they are called, dry something...I forget. Anywho I found them to be really good, DS is a really heavy wetter and a tummy sleep too, they last the night. Very full in the morning but no leaks. They seem to have quite a bit of padding, thicker to touch than Huggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanstar View Post
    DS is a big wetter and sleeps for 12 hours at night so we use a Huggies nappy then a Huggies pull up in a large size ( I think they are the 14kgs+ ones) over the top. Because the pull up is big it pulls right up over the normal one and then any leaks get caught by the pull up. Some nights the pull up is dry and we can re use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by allycat06 View Post
    Give the Coles brand ones in the green packet a go (they have a gumnut design on them). It's completely escaped my mind what they are called, dry something...I forget. Anywho I found them to be really good, DS is a really heavy wetter and a tummy sleep too, they last the night. Very full in the morning but no leaks. They seem to have quite a bit of padding, thicker to touch than Huggies.
    Thanks ladies! - i'll be trying both these suggestions as im at a loss what else to do

WOW I thought IAin was a heavy night wetter & stopped using cloth at night because of it but Aldi ones work fine for me. My only suggestion would be to restrict her water intake after say 4pm?

Quote Originally Posted by *Efjay* View Post
    WOW I thought IAin was a heavy night wetter & stopped using cloth at night because of it but Aldi ones work fine for me. My only suggestion would be to restrict her water intake after say 4pm?
    yeah she's my super wetter - she never used to leak through, its only been the last 2 months that this has been happening! - as for the water intake, her last bit of water is at about 5.30pm with dinner, but she does have a sippy cup of milk about an hour before bed (7.00pm), so i might need to make the milk cup earlier

J has his water at dinner and then still has a 250 mL bottle at bed time ...ahem... yes he is nearly 2 Ack whaddya do!

Tan tell me about it! - it's such a trial and error thing!! and i thought having a newborn was hard, crikey toddlers leave newborns for dust (well for different reasons anyway )

try putting a maternity pad in the top of the nappy or where it is wettest to help with the absorbtion
    otherwise perhaps a plastic cover over the top of the nappy to deflect the wet!
    GL!!

I found the babylove nappies the best. The only time I had any problem with them was just before DD3 was diagnosed with diabetes. She used to soak through and midnight changes didn't solve the problem. If you are finding that she is still doing it get her BSL's checked. Just as a precaution