Thread: Green Poop in FF baby?

Default Green Poop in FF baby?

Hi Lovelies,

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal? Last night DD had a green poo. I'm calling it a half and half poo. Half was loose and "normal" in consistency and a lighter green (mustardy green but not the normal mustard colour you get with baby poo) and the other half was more like sludge and a much darker green. Is this normal or is she just harbouring some sort of talent?

TIA

MG

Has she had formula before or is it recent. Or have you change brands lately?

Iron content is the most likely cause, and with formula the green poos, especially at the start of with a new formula, can be quite normal.

aaahhh...thanks RayRay! We have recently swapped from Nan Gold to Nan 1HA Gold as she was constantly constipated and struggling with wind (and always seemed hungry) so maybe that is it! Thank goodness she isn't going to have camcream poop forever!

1HA Gold is well known for its green paste like poos! LOL! (When Oliva weaned , that was the only brand of formula she would take.............I remember her fist Nan poo.......OMG.....alien green poo!!)

I'd also bet it's the formula.
    When DD went on a HA formula (Karicare) her poo was always a nasty army green colour LOL.

ok, so does this mean it is a bad thing then? Or is it ok? Do I need to find another formula?
    Upside of the green poo is it blends in with DH's uniform!`

No bad thing........NAN is well known for it, I think it is due to the high iron levels.........

Yeah it's fine, just a "variation of normal" LOL.
    Baby poo does all sorts of strange things - you'll discover when she starts solids

Thank you so much Lucy and Flea!

Jesse's been on formula since he was 9 days old and his poos are always green.. like a green khaki colour. He was on Nuture Gold #1 for the first 6 months and was fine but when we put him up to #2 he started to get dark green/black hardish poos so switched to S26 Gold and is back to normal.. but what youre getting sounds normal to me.