Thread: Green urine????

Default Green urine????

Hey guys,

Before I freak out and ring our GP. I just changed missy's nappy and there was a small patch of green urine in it. It's not poo - because she hasn't pooed since last week and it was round the front of the nappy, definitely urine, definitely green.

Does anyone know what this might be? Or should I just get her to the Dr asap?
    For all I know, it might be totally normal!

Thanks
    Sue x

Never heard of it, maybe call that health line for advice?

Yeah I would call the MCHN hotline or nurse on call...

is she bf'd? Could be something you ate

Sorry darl, can't say i have ever seen green urine... hope your lil princess is ok

Thanks guys, I might just give the child health number a ring tonight - I actually have a friend who works there (she isn't a child health nurse) so I might just text her (she's working tonight) and see if she knows anything.

Missy is fine, no other symptoms or anything, her usual bubbly self (although it's witching hour so she has been a bit cranky). Napping now though!

Thanks again.
    Sue x

How'd you go hun??? My first reaction and thought was possibly a UTI. Elijah had one a little while back and he was fine at first, then it must've started to burn when peeing cos he'd scream but then be all ok once it settled down. I did notice the day before he got like that a TINY little bit of yellowish/green tinged area on his nappy.... like really little. Turns out he had a UTI. Keep an eye on her overnight and particularly if she starts to cry for no apparent reason in her sleep then I'd probably go to the doc tomorrow. Personally I'd probably take her anyway cos I don't think that is normal, kinda says "infection" to me. Hope it's not, but that's how I gauge things.

how did she go overnight?
    hope she's ok, i would prob call the nurse on call or take her to a gp, just to be safe, UTI's can be quite painful if not dealt with early.. green says infection to me too... i hope i'm wrong though and she's all good!

She's fine this morning and no other bits of green. Slept really well last night, no temp or anything. The child health nurse said to take her to the Dr so I'm going to ring them just now and try for an appointment this afternoon!

Thanks again guys!
    I'll let you know how we go!
    Sue xxxx