Thread: Grinding teeth

Default Grinding teeth

My little bubba is grinding her teeth. It sounds so bad. She does it so hard it sounds like she's going to snap her teeth in half! She was doing it a few weeks ago, but then just stopped. Now she has started again. Any suggestions to help her stop?

Sorry cant help you stop it. But my GP says it is really common in little kids and they grow out of it.
    I hope he is right, my DS does it when he is tired/stressed. Such a horrible sound....

I'd just try and ignore it..I know it's such an awful sound! DD started doing it when her top teeth started to come through (that's when I realised her top teeth had arrived..only cause I wondered what she could be grinding her bottom teeth against to make such a horrible noise )
    Now that I think about it she hasn't done it for a while...it's probably just a weird sensation and she'll stop! I wouldn't worry too much about damage to teeth, I think that would only be a concern if she was still doing it with her adult teeth.

DD use to grind her teeth too but stopped a while ago.

Regards,
    Dianne

Another one with no solution- I found that trying to get her to stop would make her focus on it and do it more. But, like the others, it stopped as other new habits took over. From memory I think the worst of it went for about 6 weeks.

DS does it too, when he's teething. It's awful. Like the others have said you just have to wait it out, if you draw attention to it, it usually just makes it worse.

Thanks heaps everyone. Will just try to ignore it then.