Thread: gripe water

maggie Guest

Default gripe water

Hi

Can anyone let me know if they are using gripe water on their newwborns, and if so, waht results have they seen. thanks

hey, i used it on maddy and it done nothing for her, and she hated it! to make her burp i gave her a bit of boiled cooled water and that worked a treat for me!

i read that gripe water contains sugar and sometimes alcohol so i didnt use it for Aneta. For her colic we use INFACOL wind drops - works great HTH

i used it with DD1 i don't think it did much.

We bought Gripe water and spoke to the 1800 MCHN about it who said it was an old wives tale so we never used it. We ended up using Infacol too.

NewmumLou Guest

Wow i am shocked that i am the only one that liked gripe water....I used gripe water on Joshua and it was a life savor! My mum got me into it, I use to dip his dummy in it when he was whingy and it seemed to settle him straight away, i believe it helped with his wind and sore pains in his belly. Now they actually make gripe water without any alcohol, that was the first thing i checked! So i think it is a little more safer!

We used it - the alcohol one but didn't realise it was the alcohol that was working. We didn't realise so which switched to the non-alcoholic one which didn't do anything. We swtiched to the Braur one.

Debbie Lee Guest

I used it and found that it didn't do much. I also found infacol to work a bit better.