Thread: grizzling

Default grizzling

my DD is almost 4 months old and for the last 2 or so weeks she has been grizzling NON STOP!!!! even after she wakes up from a good sleep, i put her down to play on the mat and within minutes she will grizzle and grizzle and grizzle until i either play with her or put her somewhere else but then she will start to grizzle within minutes again. sometimes the grizzling turns into crying, other times i just have to be constantly doing things with her. it is very frustrating? why do you think this would be happening?

I know what you mean. Cooper is a little like that sometimes and he is 4 months also. He is getting better as he is getting older, but I put it down to just being able to amuse himself more now he is able to grab at thing etc.

Does your little one ever suffer from reflux? I really don't know much about it, but i have heard that they can get distressed when you lie them down.

Another thing that I have heard is if you have problems similar, taking them to a chiropractor or osteopath can sometimes help. When Cooper was about 10 weeks, he was like this and I took him to the osteopath, and I noticed a slight difference. But the osteopath said that Cooper was pretty good with his spine and everything. They basically check to see how their spine and alignment is, making sure everything is good, as labor and birth can be intense for bubs as well. As I said, I don't know a lot about it, but it could be well worth looking into it.

Hope that helps!

Rylee is the same and with her she hardly sleeps during the day - so I guess it also comes down to being overtired but there is an awful lot of grizzling going on during the day - she can only seem to be happy for a couple of minutes and then she is grizzling again. I don't have any suggestions unfortunately and just hope it is a phase she is going through.

Laurin