Thread: Growing Pains

Default Growing Pains

Just wondering if anyone out there has had a child with growing pains. My DD is now 3 and has been suffering with them since she was 2. Leg warmers help and she is getting better. Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas?

Love Helen

Helen - believe it or not I still get these! So does my mum and sister too, not really sure what causes them. I put a hot water bottle on my legs though - works a treat!

Thank-you, have tried the heat pack and that seemed to help. Hope it goes away, unlike yourself you poor thing. Come to think of it I remember having these as a child, maybe it gets passed on?

Love Helen

Yeah Helen, quite possibly. I am an ex Hobartian too! Maybe it's something to do with the weather hehehehee

kath Guest

I once believed that growing pains we a mith as i can never recall suffering with them as a child but my DH tells me he suffered terrible pains as a child. So when out near 3 year old gets really whingy and grumpy he puts it down to growing pains. Can anyone tell if there is any other signs? does it happen often? and what can i do to help with the ache and pains.

Kath

Hi Kath

My DD 3 suffers from growing pains, so I sympathise with you. My DD will complain of sore legs, sometimes not walk, have trouble going to sleep and occasionally feel sick. It usually happens just before she gets a growth spurt. She tends to have it on and off through the yr. I have used heat packs, spend some time rubbing her legs, also panadol has helped. If you are worried though a trip to the dr is reccomended. Even though it is probably nothing anything bothering your child should be checked out.
    We got refered to a paedeatrician(sp??) and we found out she has intoeing of the right foot. She had a few tests and we go back in Jan for a chk-up.

All the best hope everything turns out well.

Love

This might sound silly, but apparently it worked?
    A friend of mines son gets growing pains & (screams/moans) in pain whilst asleep!
    She said if she raises his legs like on a pillow it helps & he sometimes in his sleep has his legs up the wall & is fine!!!???

Maybe try elevating the limbs??? :smt102

Thanks Barley1. I hadn't heard of that so I will try that next time DD gets them before the panadol.

Love