Thread: growth spurt or unsettled bubs

maggie Guest

Default growth spurt or unsettled bubs

hi

ds is 11weeks tomorrow. he used to sleep wonderful at night, but the last 3nights has barely slept and has been so unsettled. i am getting bout 3hrs sleep a night , he is breast fed, seems to be wanting it more often and when i put him down in his cot to sleep, he just screams and wont settle

could it be a growth spurt, i hope so, i am so exhausted. thx

Yes, it could be another growth spurt Maggie. They go through them at about the 12 week mark. But is could be a combination of things too, which will make it hard to pinpoint exactly what is wrong with him. Becuase you are so tired, have you tried laying down to feed him at night so he can feed and you can doze, or is he too active to do that?

maggie Guest

sherie , far to active. dh cant understand that he is never quiet like other babies he has seen, and thinks maybe something is wrong.

Maggie, there is definately nothing wrong with him being so active, some babies are just like that while others are really placid and are happy to be in one place kwim? My 2nd baby was exactly the same, always on the go and making noise.

I am sure that it is just a passing thing and he will settle back into his regular routine, or this is his transition into a new routine.

Our DS is 14 weeks and has had a few unsettled nights (getting up at 1:30pm) which is not like him. Prior to this he was sleeping through the night. But last night he slept through again so I'm hoping it was a grwoth spurt and things will be back to normal until the next one. I have heard they have one at the 3 month mark so maybe this is what's happening and he will settle in a couple of days. Does anyone know if these growth spurts keep interfering with their sleep or do they settle down after awhile?