Thread: Hair Fallen Out

BJ Guest

Default Hair Fallen Out

Tristan is now 4 weeks old. He was born with a lot of thick blonde hair all over his head but during the last week the hair on the top of his head has all fallen out. It gives him the appearance of a receeding hair line because he still has the thick hair at the sides and the back but is completely bald on top. Just wondering if this has happened to any one else and whether it is normal? Does anyone know whether the rest of his hair will also fall out.

Thanks
    Belinda

Tristan born 29/8/2005

Yes this is completely normal. Hendrix hasnt lost any of his incredible mass of hair but my friends baby did and he is now completely bald! It will start to grow back soon id say

BJ Guest

Thanks Heather for your quick reply - you have set my mind at ease.
    It has freaked me and my husband out and I couldn't find anything about it in any of my books.
    Typical new 1st time parents - We still have a lot to learn. My husband even wanted me to ring the doctors this morning to see if it was normal.
    Thanks again

Matilda lost most of hers over 4 months...

Debbie Lee Guest

Gabby didn't have much to begin with but she lost most of her hair and has since grown it back (but it's very fair so she still looks bald).

Zander never had much to start with LOL!!! But he did have a completely baldy patch for a while.

Both of my boy had thick black hair when they were born. Masons hair started falling out from the top and rubbing off from the back and by the time he was 5 mths old it was mostly bald. Then it started growing back.
    Angus on the other hand, only had the rub off spot on the back of his head and had to have his first haircut at 5 mths old!