thread: Which hammock for baby?

Jun 2012

Which hammock for baby?

I'm leaning toward the happy hangup but I'd love to hear what you have and the pros and cons....

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Amby. They are more rigorously tested for safety than the other brands. The people who are in charge of such things are currently working on safety standards and the Amby is the one they are looking to because of its testing.

Oct 2009
    Bonbeach, Melbourne

I'd say Amby too. We bought one for this baby but obviously haven't used it yet

Jan 2007

Amby all the way - we loved ours and I haven't seen a Happy Hangup IRL but to me it doesn't seem like it would last for very long age wise. The chick who stocks them in Melbs is a pretty cool chick too

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

The chick who stocks them in Melbs is a pretty cool chick too
    Indeed she is! And she has a 10% sale on at the moment.

Apr 2006
    Perth

I have a hushamok and love it. Strong and sturdy, and Miss A sleeps really well in it. I love that it doesn't really curl them up like I've seen others do. Love the look of it too.

The only down side - and this might not be a factor for you - is that the stand is quite big so I don't move it around the house like I thought I might. Its also really big to have next to the bed but luckily we have a very large bedroom.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

i like the look of the happy hangup, but i also went with amby due to the safety testing. The stand for the amby is also quite big, but then that is part of the stabilityof the hammock that i like. Having a stand is good (rather than a ceiling hook) so it can be moved around the room OR taken to another location and it is all there. We have taken ours away, or to the ILs if we are there all day.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Feb 2012
    Melbourne , Victoria

Which hammock for baby?

If your in Melbourne the pakenham baby expo is on Sunday and an Amby baby hammock display/ stand will be there.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2010

I had an Amby and loved it. I used to leave the stand in the bedroom and hang the hammock from a 'jolly jumper' doorway spring in the lounge room or I would take the hammock and the door frame spring when we were going away.
    I have also had alot to do with the happy hangup. I like the look of these much better, the timer frame etc. And the people who make them had their children in them (almost 2yo) sleeping at the markets, I found that my babies didn't last that long in the Amby.

THere are other hammocks around. At the end of the day you will be happy with whichever one you buy. The all have pro's and cons!