Thread: Hard poos

Default Hard poos

Lately Charlie has been having a hard time pooing and when he does it's always hard and he's always struggling to get it out. I've tried water but it doesn't make a difference. Is there anything else i can give him that will help?

Um.. from what ive heard it depends if he's breast fed or not.. if he is, then the breast milk should be sufficient and maybe something in your diet.. but if he's bottle fed, ive given Jesse a little brown sugar and water and its turned his poos back to normal.

NewmumLou Guest

Well this probably goes against all modern information, but it works a treat with Josh. I put a teaspoon of brown sugar in his drinking water and by the next morning it is all out! Good luck!

Are you still b/f Tegan?

Breastfed bubs can go a few days between poos and when it finally comes is a lot thicker than usual.
    You could try the brown sugar in the water, or more frequent b/f to increase his fluid levels.

Hi Tegan
    My little man was born a little after your little Charlie and I use something my mum used and my nanny used too!!.... Gripe water!
    I use Corams Alcohol free gripe water... No artificial sweetners, colourant free, the ingrediants are - Dill seed oil, caraway oil, cinnamon bark oil, clove bud oil, cardamom oil and it contains a little bit of sucrose...
    I find this to be a great help in getting those stubborn poos out!
    The whole point of the stuff is for wind pain but it really helps get the poos out too.

Good luck

No, he is formula fed now.

Wouldn't the brown sugar be too much for a 3 month old?

Thats why I prefer to use the gripe water as I thought that myself.. I never sought any information about the sugar as my mum and nan put me straight onto the Gripe water.
    I was using that while bub was BF and now he is on formula and it works a treat during both.
    I have to admit that I have started the naughty dummy dip and now he is getting a bit too used to it but I would rather use the gripe than anything else.... but thats the topic for another thread! hehe
    There is another one that has alcohol in it.... it has a picture of a baby on it..... dont use that one.

xo

No ive used it for Jesse in the past.. i put a 1/4 teaspoon to 1 oz water.. thats all i give him and it works fine.