Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harness for toddlers?

Sherie, I think your mum and my mum went to the same shop!

Mum had me in a harness, because it was really dangerous not to, as I would break free of their grip and be gone in a flash. Once they were at a waterfall, and mum had me by one hand, and had the harness but I still managed to get away, ran full belt at the cliff, which had a pipe fence (like at footy grounds) which I grabbed, and swung out over the sheer drop on the other side. Lickily a quick thinking boy nearby grabbed me just as I was a bout to swing out again and returned me to mum and dad.

Anyway, sorry to hijack.

The newer style ones sound fab and I will probably be looking at something like that when Milo is a bit bigger.

We had a huge scare last week when Matilda slipped out of her pram in 3 seconds and was gone. I was standing in the middle of a Westfield screaming and trying to run searching for her, luckily she found a car ride & climbed on that and another mum heard me callings & signaled for me to get her. Since then she's run away one other time & I can't actually keep up anymore.

We bought the monkey harness today...and I must say it is fantastic. She LOVES it, in fact she just had a tantrum as I was trying to get it off to put her down for her nap. She's had it on for 3 hours & refused to take it off when we got home, which is okay because you can undo the tail & its just like a little backpack. She gave it a hug & kiss before her nap & put him down to bed.

Thats my biggest fear Jillian and that is why I have changed my whole attitude towards a harness or lead for a child, while there are certain children who would never need one, mine definately does. It becomes a matter of safety for your child and if they are able to get out of prams then even prams become unsafe. We have actually had to buy an extra children's harness for the car because she can get her arms out of the one in the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12