Thread: Has anyones 6 mth old rolled off the bed?

Peach Guest

Default Has anyones 6 mth old rolled off the bed?

MY DD rolled off the bed this morning and has an egg on her forehead .. has anyone elses baby done this?? I am trying not to freak out... staying calm .. all babies have knocks dont they ?!?!?1 She cried for a bit and is now laughing and happy, she is sitting up now and sometimes falls forward on the carpet .... Arg! Why me I only left her some 10 seconds to get a book from the book shelf. ..

Jen - not yet, but it will happen. And it happens to everyone at some stage. And guess what? It will probably happen again! As long as a bump came up, she should be fine, but if you're concerned, give your GP a call. Hugs sweetie. :hugs: You're a great Mummy!

Celsie. xoxox

Peach Guest

Seems like im having a daily drama! I am pround of myself of not freaking out totally. I am just icing it alot.. im sure shes fine .. she almost crawling now so im sure with crawling comea whole new set of accidents waiting to happen.

Oh Jen you haven't been having much luck have you in the accident department!!! I'm sure she will be fine! My niece flipped herself off her change table onto the tiled floor and she was fine!! My two DD's at some stage have fallen out of bed when rolling in their sleep when they graduated to beds! If she is happy and doesn't seem too upset I'm sure she will be fine!!!

When Yasin was about 6 months old DH got up before me and Yasin. Yasin woke up and crawled off DH's side of the bed. DH found him on the floor trying to crawl to the lounge. Luckily he landed on a pillow - it could have been much worse.
    I felt awful at the time for not realising he had woken up and was rolling around but now he's older and he gives himself at least one owie every day. Most of them are cured with a kiss and a cuddle but In comparison a tumble onto the pillow doesn't see so bad.

Peach Guest

does panadol cause drawsyness?

Not necessarily love. If your little one has become drowsy since bumping her head I'd get her to the GP just as a precaution as concussion could be possible.

Its not extreme to err on the side of caution and it is better to try and keep her alert until checked.

Thinking of you hun! Let us know how you go.

I too have had DD#1 come up in the most sickly eggs on her head and I had no idea how she got it as I discovered it while feeding her so she must've clunked her head in the cot.........made me feel ill but she was fine.

DD did when she was about 3 months old (I think take or give a few weeks). I layed her next to DH while I went out to make her a bottle like I always did but this time DH feel back asleep. Next thing I hear is a BIG thump and DH screaming out ''s**t & DD screaming ( I thought he may have hit her in the head or something)! I ran to the room to find DH a total wreck holding DD. She fell off the bed but her face hit my very fluffy slippers(thankgod they were new and didnt smell aswell).

ETA: We have those large tiles all down stairs where our lounge, kitchen etc is so DD hurts herself daily where she is trying to walk and falls over etc.

My DD has done it. ONe of the bubs at Mothers Group did it the other week and his Mum rushed him to my place to check over.
    Panadol can ease the pain which might have been stopping her from sleeping. How long between the bump and getting drowsy? If it is her normal sleep time, I would be less inclined to panic - just make sure she is easily rousable. I would still get her checked out by the doc if you are concerned.

HTH

MG

Oh yeah. DS was in bed with us at about 3am and DH rolled over, so I shifted and DS fell out of bed. He started sleeping in another room again. The annoying thing was I was then up for the rest of the night checking DS was still breathing, as I didn't want to get him up as 3am is his sleep time.

Now he's walking he's over several times a day, often pulling chairs down on top of him too as he grabs them for balance as he goes down. He has a spectacular bruise on the middle of his forehead where a chair hit him. I keep thinking I look like a bad mummy, but then I have a walking 9 month old so some accidents are expected.

all three of mine have rolled off something!! but as I say too all new mums your not a mum until you feel guilty over something and rolling of a bed is normally one of the 1st from then on the list just keeps getting bigger LOL its no biggy if she is responding normally then she will be fine just check her all over, and give her a big cuddle she might be a bit harder to settle tonight.

I remember with my 1st when he fell of the bed I cried harder and longer than he did!! I think all my crying made him stop lol..
    Last edited by New Dawn; November 26th, 2007 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Claire has done it too. I think she ws about 5 or 6 months old. She was on the bed and DH was doing something in the room and she launched herself forward and got tangled in her wrap and then fell onto the floor. She cried for about 10 seconds but then was ok.
    She is standing up now and took a tumble the other day and now has a lovely egg on her head.

If she is her normal happy self she is probably ok, but if there is a definate change then maybe ring your GP and ask?

Peach Guest

My DD is fine .. today she is actually talking alot more! Making new noises and stuff so cute! The egg on her head has dissappeared and she her normal self .. I'm not woriied now just needed some reassurance you know?
    Thanks to everone on BB!
    Jen

babies roll off the bed all the time ..

but dont worry , they eventually work out how to get down themselves ..

That's so great to hear love!! And now she's just saying, "Seriously mummy! I know what I'm doing!!"

xx

Hi Jen
    Glad to hear little bub is ok.
    THis almost happened to me on the weekend.
    I almost pooped myself! lol

I turned around and she had rolled onto her belly and her legs were hanging off the edge of the bed so i caught her in time!!!