Thread: he keeps hitting me!

Unhappy he keeps hitting me!

i know this might sound weird or strange but ethan keeps hitting me!

i don't know if he actually knows what he's doing but i know for sure it hurts! he's getting bigger and stronger now so his slaps to my face are getting really painful. i've told him "NO" in a stern voice but he just looks at me and keeps smacking away. he doesn't seem to hit anyone else and i don't understand...

has anyone else ever experienced this?

Sammy is only now just learning to not hit. We have been fairly consistent like Fletchie in saying No dont hit mummy it hurts....we be gentle. I hate the hair tugging worse! Sammy is either trying to pull my hair out or when he is tired wrapping his little fingers gently in it and stroking it..funny boy. Goodluck with getting Ethan to stop..I really do think its normal and with persistance he will learn to stop.

Jo

Miss M is a hitter and has been for about 8 months now. We have had some great left right combos to the head - and have always said no. Now she is bigger she goes to the corner (we don't call it the naughty corner as she started walking around telling anyone who would listen that she was naughty when really she is a great kid) as she knows what she is doing is not the way to behave. We have always been stern and consistant in our approach to her behaviour and what is acceptable but for some reason she still hits. I guess the good thing is she seems to have grown out of biting and pulling hair! I don't have any answers for you but I guess with age they grow out of it - lets hope!

I would love a solution to this too....Olivia never did it all that much, but Charlie is a shocker......hitting, hair-pulling, the occasional bite even......only to me though........

When I say "NO" in a firm voice, he looks shocked, like he didn't even realise what he was doing......but he still does it again........drives me mad........

i had an incident come up on the weekend where we had dinner with the in-laws. when it came time to go home.. ethan shrieked and cried until my MIL told me to leave him there for the night.

straight away i thought... omg, maybe i shouldn't have been so mean to him.. maybe i should just let him hit me. i know it's stupid to think it's my fault and i know that kids just have phases of who they like to "hang with"... i just felt so rejected and felt like he didn't love me anymore. i'm going off the topic now...

but he'll always know who his mum is right?.... right?

hehe.. thanks fletch
    i wouldn't mind that much if it were johnny that ethan sided with... it's just that it was my MIL and she gloated like crazy!

he didn't hit me all that much this morning. i usually get a few wake up mummy, wake up whacks in the morning.. but mostly when i'm lying on the floor playing with him. does zane hit your dh as well? or are you the only lucky one like me?