Thread: He keeps spitting the dummy!!

Default He keeps spitting the dummy!!

Wondering if anyone could help me on this...

My 4 month old boy won't go to sleep without his dummy and now he wakes up many times a night crying for it cause he spits it out!! I tried to let him just go back to sleep but it gets too much, and even patting him to sleep won't help. He will still wake up wanting it. It wasn't an issue if he did this next to my bed in the bassinett, but he didn't do it as much as he does in his own room.

I know there are bigger things to worry about, but just wanted to know if anyone have any suggestions?

I have never used a dummy with my little ones, but I have a friend who did and had the samd problem. She ended up buying about 10-12 dummies and just dumping them in the cot so he could always find another one quickly, although he was almost a year old by then. Sorry I have no real advice for this age group.

and children waking multiple times because they can't find their dummy IS a big thing to worry about when it impacts on your sleep, so don't worry about that!

Jesse usually has to fall asleep with his dummy too. But we take it out once he is asleep and he doesnt notice. We find if we take it out then he's fine if he wakes without it and will put himself back to sleep but if he drops it he realises he has dropped it and will want it back.. like dropping it wakes him up or something.

I had the same problem with Mason. Not much you can do about it besides get up and pop it back it or try and teach him to resettle without it. The latter may take a few days though.

A friend of mine uses MAM dummies. They seem to mold to the babies face and help it to stay in longer. I'm not sure if they work or not. Maybe worth a try. You can buy them at Woolworths or Target.

Kaitlyn is still a lover of her dummy ....and I hate to tell you this but we are usually up a few times to replace it when she cant find it ( she puts it down the side of the cot in her sleep). We are just used to it now I guess..but when it is time for number two I think the dummy will have to go ! But she has a little bit of time to enjoy it.