Thread: He was so brave!

Default He was so brave!

Evan had his 4 yr old needles last night. I prepared him so he knew what we where there for. I explained that he will get 2 needles that will hurt but only for a bit. They had Medicine in them that will help his body be strong & make more medicine in case he got sick. He worked out for himself that the needle was to make his scratch better.
    When we got there, I felt like I was going to cry every time I thought about how he might react. But in we went & he didn't even say ouch! No tears, no screams. He did pull a sad face with the second one as it was the stingy one & this morning he says that arm is sore. But other then that he coped really well.
    I so didn't expect him too!

Oh what a brave little man! You must be so proud of him

Oh bless him for being so brave!
    Ive got to take Nick for his in December, so we'll see if he is as brave

I cant do needles, I have a fear & phobia of them & so my Mum or sis take my girls!!! I break out in a sweat & cant breathe....

What a brave man you have!!!!

I think my fear of needles is what makes me expect a bad re action from the boys. I can handle blood tests but the idea of a needle actually injecting something in to me (hurts more) I can't handle. Evan with the needle they give you after you have the baby to help the placenta out, I told the midwife, don't let me see you are goingto do it cuz I wont let you near me!

When I had a blood test to confirm my pg with Glenn I had a panic attack about the size of the needle she was going to use & would only let her do it once she had a smaller needle. That was the first time I reacted like that & it seems to have stuck with me. My fear of needles started when I was about 11 & needed a tetanus shot after burning my hand & I sear the Dr used me like a dart board & threw it at me. I jumped, it fell out & he had to do it again. He said by jabbing it at me the way he did, it doesn't hurt as much. But thats crap! I would much rather it be eased in.

FionaJill I suffered from Phneumonia & Brochitus as a child & about age 7ish I was given some injection in my butt every week for months on end & it hurt like hell. My Mum said she would make my Dad take me in & they could hear me screaming for my life out in the car park & I'd spend the next few hours leaning off that cheek for the pain...

I have hated any injections ever since! Yet I know they dont hurt like I can remember they hurt... At school in year 9 we had some needles (?) I fainted whilst waiting in line & passed out again just after they had given me the injection..
    I can remember taking Maddison for her first injections & UI burst into tears & made another Mother hold her whilst the Community nurses immunised her... I was more scared they'd accidentally stick the needle in me!!

I knopw it's pathetic, I just cant make myself get over them... OOOH & blood tests when preg I go all wooozy!!!!