Thread: He wants his cot!

Default He wants his cot!

We have been putting Angus to sleep in a bed that last 2 nights but he comes out after an hour or so saying he wants to sleep in his cot!

Mason didn't worry too much about coming out of the cot but Angus loves it.
    Can anyone give me some tips on this. We went away last week and stayed in motel rooms and Angus slept in a bed with no worries but now we're home it's the cot ot no sleep :smt022 .
    Advice would be much appreciated.

mooshie Guest

hi sammi

with my dd she was around 18mths when we decided to put her in a bed cause #2 was on the way - she was adamant no bed just cot so we left her cot set up in her room and put the bed in there also (it was a bit of a tight squeeze) each time she went for sleep we asked what she wanted and she always wanted the cot this went on for around 2wks when she started sitting on her bed and playing with some toys, so i took her shopping and she chose a doona cover she wanted and a special big bed toy to take (it was poh from telly tubbies lol) we took it really slowly and she used to put poh in the bed and sleep in her cot lol then one day dh went into her room and started taking down her cot saying oh no the cot has broken - she was in there with him watching and then said okay i will sleep in big girls bed and that was that never looked back.

#2 i decided my ds was getting to big for the cot at age 3 1/2 yup he was quite happy to be there and didn't attempt to climb out or anything - we got him a thomas the tank bed and he was so excited to sleep in a train lol.

good luck gosh kiddies can all be different can't they - you can get some really cool novelty beds, maybe make him a big part of it and see what happens.

good luck

I have been given some advice about simiar concerns... They are simiar to what Mooshie did. It was to get a doona cover that would incourage DD to sleep in a bed...

That's all I have... 8-[

Tanya

the only thig i can suggest is to 'get rid' of the cot if possible, so there is no alternative but the bed. (obviously if you have another baby on the way this won't be possible). or perhaps make the cot unuseable by putting clean clothes or storage items in there.

other then this make it a big deal that he is now a 'big boy' you could even throw a little 'bed party', or some such to make him feel like he is special to be sleeping in a bed.

hope this helps a little and good luck

We dismantled the cot this morning so he's got no choice now!

Good plan I reckon Sam!!

I had the opposite problem - my kids flatly refused to sleep in the cot from just past 12 months of age!

Talk about frustrating!

Best of luck - hope all goes well in his transition to the big boy bed!

ragged_blossom Guest

My DS has refused to sleep in the cot ever! We have 1 cot, 2 portacots and he has never slept in any of them. He is in a single bed with a mattress beside it, as his wonky ears make him lose balance and fall off the bed regularly.
    He'd love a thomas the tank bed! May look into that.