Thread: Head Control

Default Head Control

Just a general question, when did your baby have full control of their head?

Blake can already lift his, he doesn't have control but has strong neck muscles!!

at about 3 half to 4 months, but all are different.

Emily had really good head control from birth - she was holding her own head up right away and she was born a few weeks early so we were pretty impressed with that

Toby was longer, I think he was a good three months or so before he didn't really need you to support his head when holding him.

Eleanor had good head control from birth but it's only now that she can hold it up straight and also lift it from the floor.

Both my boys had good head control and could lift their heads from birth. I think anywhere up to 4 months is "normal" with 3 months being the most usual time.

Matilda had great head control from birth, was lifting it up & looking around. Jovie's took a bit longer at around 6 weeks she had the same amount of head control that Matilda did at birth.

Caty was arching her back and neck back from the day she was born.....has always had great head control. There is a baby at mums group though (who is about 4 months) who has hardly any....her head lolls around and she struggles to lift it. She's getting better each week though...practice makes perfect eh?

Grace has had brilliant head control since birth, very strong neck muscles. The MCHN couldn't believe how strong her neck was at 2 weeks. Now she is 8 weeks and holds her head up and looks around and can lift it off the floor but she can't sustain the strength for a prolonged period yet, but still pretty good for 8 weeks.

I've never had to support Darcy's head. She could always just hold it up and look around.