Thread: heat rash???

Default heat rash???

i have noticed that my 5 week old baby has little red pimple like marks over the left side of her face, behind ears and forehead. would it be heat rash or something else?

Are you bf? Sometimes they get hormonal rashes early on due to changes in your milk. Usually they look a bit pimply for a day or two & it settles.

Matilda's heat rash starts at the back of her neck & spreads like a flush. She gets it worse in the creases so in between her legs, in the insides of her elbows & knees....HTH

yes i am breast feeding so i guess it could be from that. it was a pretty hot day yesterday, the rash isnt in those areas that you suggested. i gave her a cooler bath and put her in singlet and nappy and also put fan on and after a while it seemed to go down a little (the pimply marks were still there but they werent as red). if it is heat rash how long until it goes away, it doesnt look very nice or comfortable.

The 'milk pimples' can last for a few weeks though, both my girls had them for about 3-4 weeks and while it doesn't look pretty, it doesn't seem to bother them much. I would also use a little bit of cream to keep the skin supply so it didn't dry out too much.

My Son got it all over his head and top part of his body at 8 weeks right in time for his Baptism...lol...Its just from your milk. Most babies get it. Dont worry. His went when he was about 9 1/2 weeks..

Missy