Thread: heat rash

Default heat rash

does heat rash cause bubbas any discomfort? DD has it on neck, back, face and starting in inner elbow areas. just wondering if i should get some cream, or if there is any treatment for it.

im not sure sorry but i have had heat rash on my legs and it was pretty uncomfortable i just put a little bit of vinegar in a tepid bath and it helped heaps

Our DS had it quite bad when he was a few weeks old. We were told not to put anything on it and to make sure we weren't using perfumed baby wash. It eventually goes away. I think it's caused by their skin learning how to react with their new environment.

my little boy gets it really bad at the moment but i have found just bathing him is luke warm water at night helps alot and i give him a wet fannel to play with and it seem to help it alot. he hasnt gotten it to bad this week with is good.

adele

Aneta gets it quite bad too - if its in her joints ( ie: under her knees or elbows ) we use Sudocrem - and it goes away , when she was a newborn she had it really really bad on her face ( we were dressing her too thick - she was too hot and we didnt realize )... so we were told to put sorbolene cream on her face and it went away too
    hope that helps

Charlotte has it bad on her back, my health nurse just told me to bath her everynight. Charlotte likes to wrapped as she goes to sleep so she wakes up really hot, which makes it worse for her. So now at night i just dress her in a nappy and a summer body suit.