Thread: Heat rash!!

Default Heat rash!!

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else's bubbas have had really bad heat rash?. I'm in melb and we've had really hot days and nights lately, and Jack only had a couple of spots at first, then gradually it ended up all over him, his neck, chest, back, arms, face and even under his hair! It was really red and raised. It's only just fading now.

Also does anyone know what to do to soothe the rash? Or do I just wait for it to go away? He gets really unsettled when its hot and he's got it, and I try not to hold him too much cause he just gets hotter, and it gets worse.. Vicious circle...

Thanx..

Has Jack been off his milk at all ??

I thought Alexander just had a heat rash and in fact when i took him to the hospital to get checked out he doesn't have a heat rash but a virual infection.

He was off his milk a bit, but still drinking. And we took him to the hosp, and they said it was heat rash. But that was also b4 it got really bad 2.

I'll see how he goes, he seems to b ok ATM, so I'll just watch him.

Also now, even though the rash is gone, he is waking up during the night now hungry, and he used to sleep through.. I dunno what it is? :-s

Was he waking up while he had his rash as it might take a while for him to get back to sleeping all night.

Alex has been waking at night and he was sleeping through for a while.

And sorri, thanx michelle for your advice.. :smt023

No I don't think he was waking up while he had the rash, it only seems to be the last 2 nights when its been cooler. And only a bottle will get him back to sleep.

It must have just been a heat rash then. Maybe he's having a growth spurt.

Maybe michelle. I will see how he goes for the next few nights.

Did the hospital give you any advice on what to do for it?
    I would think just try to cool him down, in a tepid bath etc.
    A sleep him in jusy nappy, singlet and a muslin wrap.

I thought Milo had it when we had the 40+ day, but it turned out it was just his milk spots (he had at heast a hundred on his face - they're alll gone now thankfully)