thread: help!

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

help!

my baby is 6 weeks old and has cradle cap inbetween her eyebrows and on as well, i tried putting the baking powder paste on for 5 mins and wiped it off with cotton balls, but is it supposed to be red after? also one big scale came off but a little bit of clear liquid came out is this normal? im freaking out...

Feb 2008
    Down Under

oh im sorry i dont know!
    i use baby oil and let it soak over night and then get it off the next day!!!!

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

I tried all sorts of remedies to get rid of DD's craple cap but nothing worked. It got to the point where she needed a medicated formula from the Dr and antibiotics cause it got infected.

Mar 2007
    Paradise

I actuall asked the paed about this when DD2 was little, He said not to use baby oil because it strips the skin of it's natural oils. Bicarb is not a good idea because it is caustic and skin is naturally slightly acidic, hence the redness afterwards. Put heaps of good sorbolene cream on it, and leave it overnight. That is the only thing that has kept it away longer term for us. It also works on adult dandruff.

Add belfie on Facebook

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

i tried sorbolene on DS's cradle cap (and boy he had it bad, his little head looked like a turtle shell! And then the flakes came off with tufts of hair... oooh so tragic yet funny!). Anyway, the sorbolene did nothing for it. So we tried oils and then tried slathering it in dermeze and it did wonders - hasn't come back since (and he's also got eczema). And the Dermeze wasn't AS slimy as using oil (even though it's still pretty slimy), got it from the chemist.

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

we were using the QV cream and it looked worse! anyway the baking powder removed most of the scales and now the redness has gone down...think it worked!

Jul 2008
    Country VIC

I have heard that some babies went a little red after the bicarb treatment Georgia didnt the cradle cap hasnt come back so I swear by it - Oh and I did try everything else first.